Another II brought back from the grave...

Mstng2

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
- - Zion - -
WHEW!! Well after 2 years of work I have brought another II back from the dead. Found it in a shop yard rusting away...

78IIProject001.jpg

Interior-1.jpg

P8080009.jpg

P8080013.jpg

P8090022-1.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

P8310051.jpg

View attachment 209465

• Sponsors (?)

Can't really tell good from my perspetive, did you recover the seats in fabric from and 05 and newer stang? The car is definitely sharp, good job.

Thanks, I don't know what year the fabric is from or if it is even an OEM fabric. Seems to me I recall seeing it on late 80's GT's. The pattern in the cloth is made up of the word "Mustang" over and over and over. I just saw it in the upholstry shops rolls of fabric and said THIS ONE!! :)

Have you taken any before pics yet? You have no idea how nice it is to see the old m11's coming out of the grave, the biggest thing I can see is finding parts as most mustang parts sites do not care for the 74 to 78 11's, do you know of a place to find replacement fenders?

Replacement fenders usually I get mine at wrecking yards or watch the papers for parts cars. I have 1 for parts, 1 for restoration. I picked up 3 cars now for under 200.00 each. I'll have to take some pics of the Mach and post em up. Witing for the weather to warm up before I get started on it.

I would love to find some in wrecking yards but the last one I seen was a total rust bucket, I am in Calgary Alberta and trust me these m11's are very rare up here, the passenger front fender is the one I am trying to replace, it came off my old 77 stang and is in pretty bad shape, wished I had kept the original fender but if got folded pretty good as a Cordoba jumped out in front of me while I was doing 60kph on wet roads leaving about 40 feet to stop and I kinda used 45 or so, his car was a write off as I hit him right on the front wheel folding at a 45 degree angle