ANOTHER Stupid Paint Question...

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Now that my engine is all nice and clean and freshly painted, the question arises.....what to do about my transmission.......???:scratch:

In either case I have to clean/degrease the outer casing....question is, once this has been done, do I continue on and "polish" the casing and clear coat, or do I prep and paint it to match the engine..???:shrug:

attachment.php

Attachments

• trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Sponsors (?)

Paint it. Any shine you manage to coax out of that will be gone in no time. Besides, who's going to see it? It's not you have a glass-bottom-car! Get a chrome tranny pan if you want to add some wow factor. Last time bought a chrome one to replace a dinged up chevy pan, it was about a third the price of an OEM one.

at work i've done it a few different ways.

paint the bell housing black (or w/e the engine block color was) then paint the rest of the tranny silver/cast.

or paint the whole thing silver. that's what i did.

i had a can or two left over from doing the intake/headers on my engine, so i just degreased it and painted it with that.

make sure you use high temp paint though, as exhaust commonly passes pretty close to the tranny/bell housing

i can put up pics if you want