another stupid question

93civ

Feb 24, 2004
twin cities, MN
hey guys im looking into buying a 95GT convertable with around 100k on it. now i have some questions..

i was originally going to super charge it but a fellow stanger told me i should go turbo, what does everyone think?

also the turbo or super would be put onto the engine as is... as in no internal upgrades for now.. other areas such as fuel and that would be upgraded, but the engine would come later. how long do you think the engine would last on turbo or super with no boost?

i bet you guys get these questions alot and im sorry to bug you. i have been looking online for info but i thought you guys could give me some good insite.

• Sponsors (?)

Well since you aren't forging the engine yet, and you're already at 100k...I don't think it's going to last too long on either a supercharger or turbo.

If the funds permit, I'd say grab the turbo..but they can be very expensive.

Superchargers are priced less, and probably won't put as much strain on your engine (depending on how much boost you use)

What are you lookinng at for numbers? How much HP/TQ you want? How much boost you plan on running etc...

And for the "how long would the engine last on turbo or super with no boost?"..can you even do that?

sorry when i mean no boost i mean the stock setting of 6-7psi... no extra boost beyond that.

well in the future im lookin for a round 500rwhp and anwhere up of 400rwtq... the turbo kits i was refered to come with everything and are actually not much more than the super charger... besides they can handle more power.

i know though with turbos especially building the engine is essential. i wouldnt plan on goin higher than 14 or 15psi even on a built engine... well maybe only for a bit when i tracked raced it.

this car would be more of a daily driver in the summer. it wont see winter and i dont ALWAYS have to drive it b/c i plan on having a beater honda to drive.

other mods i plan on goin are headers, the gt 40 heads, exhaust, ecu tuning and maybe some other minor bolt ons. im also lookin at upgrading the tranny but i dont know what areegood parts and what i should even do to make it stronger(besides clutch flywheel). i think the tranny would go out first, am i right?

you mean how much for the 95 gt? well the one im lookin at is $4500 but i think i could get it down to 4 grand. otherwise the turbo kit im looking at is like 3 grand with just about everything. i have 12 grand to spend imediately maybe more later in the year. i want to change suspension and upgrade the tranny right away too. ive been tryin to price stuff out but i would like other people's input on what are god brands and which parts are good.