Any Experience with Last Call Racing Suspension Set-up?

GreyDiesel

Jul 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Anyone run this set-up of assorted suspension parts from Last Call Racing?

LCR-KOTS05 - Last Call Racing King of the Street Supension Package for 2005+ Mustangs - Suspension Packages - Mustang Performance Parts

My next mod is going to be a full suspension overhaul. I was initially thinking of going Roush or FRPP, but for some reason this set-up is tempting me. I guess, many people have the Roush and FRPP, so by having something different, I am gambling that I'll have something better. It seems like the folks at Last Call Racing really know their stuff. I like that it comes with caster camber plates. With the other set-ups, I think you may be paying for the name as much as the set-up. These are all very high quality, top of the line parts, just not all from the same manufacturer.

Anyway, just curious if anyone runs it, and what they think.

Or, even if you dont run it, but if you know a thing or two about suspension. Is it bad to get a bunch of stuff from different manufacturers? I have been told that you need to stick to one full suspension that has been custom tuned for the car, i.e. Roush or FRPP. Suspension is complex and you cant just go changing parts willy-nilly --everything has to work together in synchronicity.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone run this set-up of assorted suspension parts from Last Call Racing?

LCR-KOTS05 - Last Call Racing King of the Street Supension Package for 2005+ Mustangs - Suspension Packages - Mustang Performance Parts

My next mod is going to be a full suspension overhaul. I was initially thinking of going Roush or FRPP, but for some reason this set-up is tempting me. I guess, many people have the Roush and FRPP, so by having something different, I am gambling that I'll have something better. It seems like the folks at Last Call Racing really know their stuff. I like that it comes with caster camber plates. With the other set-ups, I think you may be paying for the name as much as the set-up. These are all very high quality, top of the line parts, just not all from the same manufacturer.

Anyway, just curious if anyone runs it, and what they think.

Or, even if you dont run it, but if you know a thing or two about suspension. Is it bad to get a bunch of stuff from different manufacturers? I have been told that you need to stick to one full suspension that has been custom tuned for the car, i.e. Roush or FRPP. Suspension is complex and you cant just go changing parts willy-nilly --everything has to work together in synchronicity.

J&M suspension parts:

www.hotpart.com

You WILL NOT be disappointed. And when it comes to price, it would be hard to find any better.

J&M suspension parts:

HotPart Suspension Products

You WILL NOT be disappointed. And when it comes to price, it would be hard to find any better.

agreed, but is seems that GreyDiesel is looking for a more complete kit than what is currently offered by J&M. they do not sell sway bars like the FRPP or roush kits.

if you are looking for a complete kit that includes everything, i recommend the ROUSH kit. they are also a new sponsor, and may cut a stangnet discount. :shrug:

J&M parts are great. i recommend their parts ALL the time, but for this thread, i think the roush sounds like your winner.
ideally you would get all parts from the same manufacturer. you can piece components together to make your own kit, but everything may not be optimized to work together. what i like about the roush kit is that the springs and sways are engineered to work together. if you get springs from one company and sways from another, are you really getting the best option available? who knows.

agreed, but is seems that GreyDiesel is looking for a more complete kit than what is currently offered by J&M. they do not sell sway bars like the FRPP or roush kits.

if you are looking for a complete kit that includes everything, i recommend the ROUSH kit. they are also a new sponsor, and may cut a stangnet discount. :shrug:

J&M parts are great. i recommend their parts ALL the time, but for this thread, i think the roush sounds like your winner.
ideally you would get all parts from the same manufacturer. you can piece components together to make your own kit, but everything may not be optimized to work together. what i like about the roush kit is that the springs and sways are engineered to work together. if you get springs from one company and sways from another, are you really getting the best option available? who knows.

That is exactly what I thought. Thanks for the info Bigcat. I am hoping to afford the Roush set-up here soon.

Well one red flag on that Last Call kit is it's a parts bin compilation. Suspension kits work best when all the components are designed with each other in mind. Like the Roush and FRPP kits.

While this Last Call kit has some impressive components in it, what testing was done? They are mixing different brand shocks, springs, sway bars and so on. Have they road tested this setup on the various common road conditions we all face? Have they tracked the car? Both road course and strip?

I always pass on mixed kits unless there is proven testomonies and data to show the performance. Personally I LOVE the FRPP kit Shelby put on my car. I use to drive a stock 2007 GT so I know the before and after.