Any Firefighters out there?

dsg03bullitt

Jul 25, 2006
Well I am about to join my local fire department January 4th.....All i have to do is pass the physical agility test. I know i got it in the bag because I am in real good shape and I run 2 miles every day in just around 13 minutes. When i join i will take the smoke diver training weeks after and that is suspossed to be real hard. Like a 60% failure rate!!!!!!:eek:

I was just wondering if any of you were firemen...If so come on in and chat and let me in on some tips. Im 19 btw, so i figure its a good time to start.

• Sponsors (?)

my bros a firefighter and im soon to be a cop dont worry about the tests they throw at you they are not that hard. if you try your best and they see that it may put you ahead of some that are not as motivated.

just remember to be confident and it will be easy. none of the physical tests are difficult at all in anything like police or fire and especially if you are in good shape like you say you are.

good luck:nice:

firemanz is one but have not seen him on in a while

im licensed in marine firefighting

part of being a third mate on a ship is you gotta be able to fight fires if one breaks out on your ship so i went to school and had to get certified, fires on ships are scary as hell

Ya, most of those tests are just mindf**ks. The ones I did had a bunch of wierd instructions but if you listened it wasn't hard. Not really physically demanding but more of test to see if you can function under stress.

Good Luck.