ANY GOOD races lately?

Last friday a dodge dakota rt zoomed by me while i on the phone. i tossed the phone on the pass. seat at the chase was on. we were on a pretty good stretch. he was about three cars ahead of me in third gear i started making ground. by the time i shifted to fourth it was apparent that i would pass him. i guess he knew that too so he hit the brakes and got of it like the race was over. when we got to a stop light i started burning out to let him know i wanted another round, but he shook his head no and turned off. well i followed him for about two miles trying to provoke him but it was useless

• Sponsors (?)

Koal Burner said:
it has been a long time since i raced any one on the street the last one i remember was a few years ago the was this one 03 cobra with a kennybell that said he had a fast car but would never come to the track to race me so one sunday afternoon after a lot of bs talk i jumped in my beater camaro with a gutless procharged 502 and drove it from battleground wa to starbucks in beaverton to race him i never did find out the real finnish no one would post the video some couldnt handle what they would have seen:bang:

That was me videotaping. Have the vids if anyone wants to see them......hell of a race. :D

F355

This was about six years ago, I just stoped down in Auburn to put a little 104 in the tank, then me and 2 friends get on hwy167 going north, I look in the mirror and low and behold theres, a bright yellow Ferrari with a guy and his hot girlfriend just to the left of me, he pulls up I give him the nod, @sshole puts his nose in the air and laughs, I drop it into third and give it some gas, I was a few car lenght in front of him doing about 60, when he decides to play with this underpowered and priced Cobra, he gets to my back bumper before I hit it, he was in front by a couple feet, then my car hooked up and I was gone into fourth he was about 150 ft back and I took it up to 120ish when I let off, it took him awhile to pass, and when he did you should have seen the look on his lady's face, I wish i had a video camera.

2bfeard said:
This was about six years ago, I just stoped down in Auburn to put a little 104 in the tank, then me and 2 friends get on hwy167 going north, I look in the mirror and low and behold theres, a bright yellow Ferrari with a guy and his hot girlfriend just to the left of me, he pulls up I give him the nod, @sshole puts his nose in the air and laughs, I drop it into third and give it some gas, I was a few car lenght in front of him doing about 60, when he decides to play with this underpowered and priced Cobra, he gets to my back bumper before I hit it, he was in front by a couple feet, then my car hooked up and I was gone into fourth he was about 150 ft back and I took it up to 120ish when I let off, it took him awhile to pass, and when he did you should have seen the look on his lady's face, I wish i had a video camera.
Now THAT, is what I like to hear. Not that you waxed a Ferrari, cause in all reality it doesnt take that much, but the look on his womans face. Priceless:hail2:

fiveohwblow said:
Now THAT, is what I like to hear. Not that you waxed a Ferrari, cause in all reality it doesnt take that much, but the look on his womans face. Priceless:hail2:

Very true. Some night I need to have another get together at my place, and toss in the video from me and a buddy when we went to Vegas a few yrs back. I rented a Viper and he rented an F355 Spyder. We took them out in the middle of the desert and did top speed pulls, drag raced about a zillion times with each of us changing cars about 10 times each. The Ferrari was so slow I thought it was actually detuned.....then I saw the tq numbers they come factory with, guess that answered all my questions. Anyways, the Video is about 20 minutes long..good stuff. I need a BBQ night:nice:

saleenster said:
Very true. Some night I need to have another get together at my place, and toss in the video from me and a buddy when we went to Vegas a few yrs back. I rented a Viper and he rented an F355 Spyder. We took them out in the middle of the desert and did top speed pulls, drag raced about a zillion times with each of us changing cars about 10 times each. The Ferrari was so slow I thought it was actually detuned.....then I saw the tq numbers they come factory with, guess that answered all my questions. Anyways, the Video is about 20 minutes long..good stuff. I need a BBQ night:nice:

That actually might be worth a trip from Mt Vernon to Vancouver. Give enough heads up and I would be in.:nice:

saleenster said:
I'm in!

jordanvraptor said:
The Cobra was white but so was the GT vert...:shrug:

The cobra owner is a high school kid. I talked to him last summer at starbucks. I told him where the stang owners usually meet, but he seems to scared to hang out with real men. Anyway, I perused his engine bay, only to find a cold air intake. He then informed me that it has the cold air kit, a chip and "larger fuel lines." The previous owner told him that it has "375 horses." I laughed. He also seems to have no idea how to correctly drive a stick shift car. The whole parking lot smells like clutch every time he drives past.:rlaugh:

Look guys, Stangnet has low tolerance for street racing threads. Most of this thread is just discussion about some light highway fooling around so I've let it go.

But organizing a street race of any sort will get this thread deleted.

duner said:
Look guys, Stangnet has low tolerance for street racing threads. Most of this thread is just discussion about some light highway fooling around so I've let it go.

Thank you for letting it go on this far. I thought about that and was wondering, but I am really enjoying this thread so thank you for not locking it thus far:nice:

duner said:

Bummer, was hoping this would get good. I really wanted to add my past conflicts with crotch rockets on the freeway:D . Oh well.