Any piping experts in here?

lol, has nothing to do with mustangs sorry

I have a project due tom. in my engineering class. We basically have everything done but the pipe supports.

Our objective is to carry water over a 500 foot cliff and then another mile horizontally. I was wondering on what type of supports a system like this needed. Like clamps to hold it hold it against the cliff and supports on the horizontal portion.

A link to the specific supports and pricing would GREATLY be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I think it would depend on what enviroment its going to be in: high winds, eartquake, tornados, flooding. and it also depends on if its temperary or permanent. and also how big is the pipping.

for eartquake it would have to have cement with a damper of some sort.
for high winds it would have to have a triangular support for strength and wind resistance.

for tornados would have to be very low to the ground or burried so it wouldnt get damaged due to debrie.
for flooding it would be like 5-10 ft off the ground and use cement to secure it in place

and for the cliff you would have to have many supports(water is heavy) needs to be anchored into the cliff 50-150 ft with cement supports and a band to hold the pipping to the support.

I am not a pro at this stuff but i do watch the discovery chan. and history chan. alot on building structures, i kind of know some stuff.:nice: