Any recommendations on RR's/gaskets??

md20

Dec 12, 2004
I just bought a nice little power package for my 92 5.0:

AFR 165's (stud 61cc)
Ford E303 Cam
Cobra Upper/Lower Intake

Anyone have any suggestion as to what brand/ratio roller rockers would be best? Road track applications + weekend driving

Also, anyone have any suggestion as to which gaskets I should use?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, not sure what to tell you about Roller Rockers; I assume you'd be safe w/ 1.7's, but will probably have to remove the baffle from your valve covers. Let someone else confirm this though.

A lot of guys have used the Fel Pro head gaskets (FPP-10112) without problems - even on boost applications.

As far as intake gaskets, if you're ordering from summit, you can get a package of 5 upper to lower cobra intake gaskets for $20. If you're getting them from the parts store, I'd get the upper to lower for a 96 Ford Explorer 302 because the cobra ports are different than normal ports - Cobra and GT-40 gaskets are the same, and the Explorer had the GT-40 Intake).

I like the lower intake gasket set w/ the rubber ends instead of cork lower intake ends; I got mine at O'Reily I believe for around $25-35 I think or you can get them from Ford I believe; you can get the lower intake gasket set for a Mustang 5.0 if you want or I assume the explorer would work and might be cheaper since Mustang stuff is more expensive than a lot of other cars w/ the same exact motor.

Don't forget a throttle body gasket.