Any Young Mustang owners out there??????

Im 16 (will be seventeen in a few weeks)and have had my stang since im 14. I have no dad, uncles or anyone to help me on my project, Ive done everything to my car, including painting it, Rebuilding the engine and tranny, pulling both on my own, complete interior overhaul, suspention, and rear end.... Basically read this site and ask questions, Get a chilton or a Haynes book and you should be set. Don't be afraid to tackle anything, you will be suprised on how easy some of this stuff is. I have added performance to my stang and consider it to be mild. Some easy weekend upgrades would be, a new intake, carb, and a set of headers, electronic ignition and stuff like that. Your clicking is probably from valve train (the most common) take off your valve covers and check for any loose rocker arms. The correct way to tighten would be to make sure its closed fully tighten it until you cant spin the push rod with your hand and then give it another 1/2, 3/4" turn. Anyways man, good luck with your car....

Mike

Ps some before and after

Attachments

• entire car.jpg
    entire car.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 166
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi guys, brand new to the car world like yungmustang88 up there. I purchased the 65 coupe 6 banger in early may and i am trying to fix it up as a daily driver by the time i am sixteen in february.......ahh so long away. I'd love to get the 'ole 6 running nice but there isn't much out there for performance 6's can anyone tell me good places to look for replacements on a 200 ci engine. Thanks

www.fordsix.com

woohoo...another 15 year old with an I6

I'm doing the v8 swap in a few years...even with so many people telling me to start with a V8 car. It'll be fun and I'll learn a lot more by doing the swap so i'm looking forward to it as soon as i earn enough money.

hey 65straightsick...got any pictures...I wanna compare. I turn 16 in July and hopefully my car will be done by then. You can check it out in my sig

I'm not happy with the I6 but i am a young idiot who will run gas up fast enough to make my head spin, so i will stick with this until i am ready for a V8....you're right man, that is one tough engine, but it isn't much for acceleration and torque.

65straightsick said:
I'm not happy with the I6 but i am a young idiot who will run gas up fast enough to make my head spin, so i will stick with this until i am ready for a V8....you're right man, that is one tough engine, but it isn't much for acceleration and torque.

whoa whoa whoa...isnt much for acceleration and torque? What kinda I6 do you have. Acceleration and torque is all it has. haha. Man my car can dominate hills

mines the original engine...the guy that we bought it from did some work on it...but man that little engines got some torque behind it...just not a lot of speed. Especially with my 3 spd manual transmission and me being in 3rd gear at 30 mph

65straightsick said:
by the way, what paint is that you got there brtnstrns? that is close to what i am looking in to...

haha I honestly dont know. I know it may look good in the pictures but if you see it in real life theres about 4 shades. That color doesnt even shine. Whoever painted it before I bought it did the ****tiest job i've ever seen. You can see the original paint, some primer, some rust, some new paint. But yeah i dont know what it is...all i know is that its crap. I'm getting it painted black with silver stripes this summer after I get some fiberglass parts.

brtnstrns said:
haha I honestly dont know. I know it may look good in the pictures but if you see it in real life theres about 4 shades. That color doesnt even shine. Whoever painted it before I bought it did the ****tiest job i've ever seen. You can see the original paint, some primer, some rust, some new paint. But yeah i dont know what it is...all i know is that its crap. I'm getting it painted black with silver stripes this summer after I get some fiberglass parts.

Well good luck with that, apparently the camera you got did the job some justice, i had some pictures of my baby but now i guess i need to take some digitals to show what my pony is slinging

brtnstrns said:
www.fordsix.com

woohoo...another 15 year old with an I6

I'm doing the v8 swap in a few years...even with so many people telling me to start with a V8 car. It'll be fun and I'll learn a lot more by doing the swap so i'm looking forward to it as soon as i earn enough money.

hey 65straightsick...got any pictures...I wanna compare. I turn 16 in July and hopefully my car will be done by then. You can check it out in my sig

Didn't see this one earlier.....i will get some pics up soon... you will see that it is in need of some help..windows leak and paintchips and so forth, i will have to get them soon, i just ordered a new S/W and some small replacements..i'll try a before and after too..

brtnstrns said:
haha yes of course, the camera always does the trick. If you went to the site on my sig you may be able to tell how crappy the paintjob really is.
you got a/c in there too, man i think your I6 is a little above mine, good news is my dash is already cut so i can install a new CD stereo setup, besides that i am going for the stock look to improve the value....

haha yeah I'm going for restomod. Yeah A/C wasnt workign when we got it. It just blew hot air. But we looked under and ONE wire had the insulation burned through. Replaced the wire and now its ice cold...man its nice. Yeah i'm gonna let the proffesionals cut my dash and do the installations and what not. Thats last on the list for the summer. First up is fiberglass trunk lid with spoiler, racing apron, getting the dents out of the roof, and the paintjob...then interior (which I already have everything)

Mustangman70: Yeah i love my car. Unfortunatley i bought it last year to be diverse from all the tahoes and explorers in my high school's parking lot. Then my doosh friend went out and bought a 66 coupe I6...that bastard sackriding me. Oh well when mines done it will be a lot sweeter. Plus his is a quiet car...mine = damn loud exhaust system. Plus mines a standard