anybody else gotta drive their stang this winter?

chevyboy_z28

Jan 1, 2004
Wixom, MI
i hate the fact that im prolly gonna have to drive her this winter, but ***** happens. im not really worried about slippin and slidin around, b/c for the first two years of my driving i had the camaro and was able to manage. this car being a standard shift it'll prolly take a lil more technique to get going but stopping should be easier. anyway im gonna "winterize" her in the next couple weeks (already changed to thinner oil, flushed radiator, swap rims and tires, wax car, etc.), just wonderin if anybody else is in the same boat as me?

• Sponsors (?)

This is my first year with a rwd car at all and honestly, it scares the crap outa me.. driving in rain seems bad enough lol I'll probably be bumming a lot of rides this year

EpiKk3 said:
This is my first year with a rwd car at all and honestly, it scares the crap outa me.. driving in rain seems bad enough lol I'll probably be bumming a lot of rides this year

Yeah I know the feeling! I went from owning 3 jeep wranglers to my 01 gt a couple years ago, and I was thinking I was not going to make it through the transition! Got a set of snow tires though and I was good to go. Good ole common sense comes in handy, too :D

mach1grrl said:
Haha yeah well I will most definitely be driving mine this winter...just like last winter! Wouldn't seem like winter without slippin' and slidin' in the Stang!!! Maybe we will run into each other! :D

Some lady literally "ran" into me on Friday night, smashed my front end up. :( I'm drivin' a maxima right now. :bs: I'm lookin' at getting a 2nd vehicle for winter.

I'm torn between picking up this '02 F-150 Ive been looking at for the winter or just gutting it out in the 'stang and saving the $$. Really want this truck, but want to spend the $$ on the 'stang. But if I spend it on the 'stang, it'll be too ballzy to dive in the winter anyway!! ARRGH!! What to do... :shrug:

well i guess thats one good thing bout living out here is that we never really get any snow! :( :notnice: to bad tho i'm from ohio so i miss it and it dont bother me to drive in it either. hammer down and hold on have fun. but no unfortantly i wont get to drive mine this winter again i'm picking up an explorer this weekend so have fun and happy sliding guy's :D peace

john :spot:

DELOS02GT said:
Mine will be sleeping all winter. I have a car that I drive durring the week and when the weather sux. I'll put mine away for good after the first snow fall.

Yeah I need to get myself a daily driver...just can't bring myself to put away the stang since I am so use to driving it everyday! Ughhh just thinking about the snow and salt it will soon be covered in :(

ZelenVR said:
I'm torn between picking up this '02 F-150 Ive been looking at for the winter or just gutting it out in the 'stang and saving the $$. Really want this truck, but want to spend the $$ on the 'stang. But if I spend it on the 'stang, it'll be too ballzy to dive in the winter anyway!! ARRGH!! What to do... :shrug:

I got the truck!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
The 'stang gets to sleep this winter and I get to not worry about the snow this year!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Here it is:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=511750&goto=newpost

Its not the truck I was looking at but this ones nicer anyway.

Aye, I will be driving mine this winter. I hope its a very mild low-snow winter. I'm more worried about the salt eating up my car than the slippin and sliding