Anybody running a paxton ??

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
I have a 2002 Gt and I am thinking about getting a procharger , but on one hand I dont wanna blow my engine up with all that power . If anybody is running a paxton especially the 1001834 kit for the 01 and 02 Gts can you please post on here or email me at [email protected] with some dyno results and any info at all on this .

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
I have a 2002 Gt and I am thinking about getting a procharger , but on one hand I dont wanna blow my engine up with all that power . If anybody is running a paxton especially the 1001834 kit for the 01 and 02 Gts can you please post on here or email me at [email protected] with some dyno results and any info at all on this .

Uh dude...you will blow up the motor with ANY blower if it's not tuned right!

I have a (Paxton) Novi 2000 and love it. If you want one, I HIGHLY recommend you go through Cobra Killer and get the Steeda ECU flash. I got 378rwhp/373rwtq out of the box with that kit with perfect drivability. With my new cams I'll probably hit 430rwhp when I re-tune with bigger injectors on Friday. Paxton also makes a nice intercooler if you want one.

MrMorden said:
Uh dude...you will blow up the motor with ANY blower if it's not tuned right!

I have a (Paxton) Novi 2000 and love it. If you want one, I HIGHLY recommend you go through Cobra Killer and get the Steeda ECU flash. I got 378rwhp/373rwtq out of the box with that kit with perfect drivability. With my new cams I'll probably hit 430rwhp when I re-tune with bigger injectors on Friday. Paxton also makes a nice intercooler if you want one.

its getting dyno tuned , thats not the issue , guy i know in richmond got his dyno tuned with 10 lbs procharger and NOS kit to spray the intercooler , dynoed at 439 RWHP , and he blew it up after about 15K miles , stock internals are my enemy , not the tune , i just dont wanna put TOO much HP on the engine and hurt it in that way like my friend did his . I figured the procharger with 8lbs will do nicely but i want to know if anybody is making decent power with the smaller NOVI 1000 . If so i might go that route .

Fallguy said:
Why not get the Vortech SQ ?

I can get the paxton complete for under 3 G and its complete , i can run my stock mass air , it comes with injectors and fuel pump , tune they do is dead on from what most people ive talked to say but nobody has posted dyno figures with one with long tube headers , im looking for results , dallas mustang said i can possibly get 340 to 350 RWHP with long tubes and other bolt ons and thats the range im looking for to stay safe , i will probably get it dyno tuned to see if i can squeeze the most out of the smaller blower , cost is the issue , Prochargers gonna run me about 1000 to 1500 more by the time im done , and realistically only about 40 more RWHP out of it . Thats why im considering going with it .