Anybody selling, caution! New scam!

LX93RiceKill

Jul 9, 2006
:mad: Ok guys, I've got my Stang listed in our Classifieds. Well I go to my own email, and find this in my inbox. I've had to deal with these before, but to anyone who hasn't... This is what a scam looks like.

93 LX 5.0 $3K obo/trade for 86-93 GT or Notch

Hello to whom it may concern let me know if the advert is available, and your
last asking price and pics if available i will be paying with money order i'll
be expecting your respond thanks.
Kenard
Get back to me through this e mail adress [email protected]

So if anyone is selling anything right now, be careful. And if you get an email that sounds like this, here's a good response to send back...

Hello,

If you are interested in the Mustang, Email me with a phone # I can reach you at. No offense, but I've dealt with scammers before, and your email sounds completely automated. If I'm wrong, I apologize. Otherwise, here's the deal...

I will not ship the car. I will not release the car until the "money order" is cashed. I will not accept personal checks, money orders, cashiers checks, or payment of any kind from any account outside the U.S. Nor will I release the car to an agent, middleman, anyone other than the actual buyer of the car.

In addition, if the "money order" I recieve is for greater than the agreed purchase price, do not ask me to send you the difference. I will not accept or cash it.

I really can't stand these bastards, they're all over ebay motors, like mosquitos. Annoying as hell. :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

timeless2 said:
I've removed this person from being able to participate on the site, but it doesn't prevent him/her from contacting people who post their information publicly.
You prolly get this all the time, but you do a damn good job as Admin. Thank you:SNSign:

Tonys89GT said:
You prolly get this all the time, but you do a damn good job as Admin. Thank you:SNSign:
Tell that to the boss. :p

Thank you and you are most welcome. I'm just here to make the place as good as it can be. I'll joke around and have fun as much as the next person, but when it's time for business, there is no room for games.

Take care.

timeless2 said:
Tell that to the boss. :p

Thank you and you are most welcome. I'm just here to make the place as good as it can be. I'll joke around and have fun as much as the next person, but when it's time for business, there is no room for games.

Take care.

Much appreciated guys! Keep up the good work. :SNSign: