Anyone bought the eBay racing seats?

• Sponsors (?)

they look similar to what i bought from jegs, and the jesgs ones are holding up nicely...
DSCN0624.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0624.jpg
    DSCN0624.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 4,213
ya i saw those. was thinking of picking up a set because of the cheap price for 2 and only $80 shipped to canada. WOOHOO

i'm not liking the carbon fiber leater tho. if those were the plain simulated leather i would buy it right away

just a little fyi...

I have sat in the jegs seats and they were pretty confortable. I also sat in some corbaeu's and they were very uncomfortable but that was because my shoulders wouldn't fit(they might be comfortable with the wide option)btw I weigh 170lbs. I also sat in a cobra daytona and it was pretty comfy as well.

gmkillr said:
stprorolla49 , Tell me more about your seats, did they bolt up to the stock seats tracks? Would you buy them again? Any issues w/ them?
Thanks
yes, they bolted up to the stock seat tracks, although i did have to drill new holes in the tracks to have everything match up....i would definately buy these seats again because its a great value...it was like $398 or something shipped to my door, and they look really good for being simulated leather, and they are very comfortable...i give it :nice: :nice:

Monsterbishi said:
Just remember when buying seats - cheap is the last thing you want, it's your arse that's in them, and if the worst happens, will they hold together in a accident, or will they end up being what kills you?

I agree, i bought some seats off a local guy for ~100 a piece. I think he got them off ebay or like some cheap store like pepboys or something, anyways, there's pics of them on my website (i think) and the lookED really good.

Now, less than 1 year later, the fabric around the 4pt harness holes is starting to stretch away revealing the white backing... and really pissing me off. Also, the left side of the seat that I kinda sit on to get in is wearing down really bad.

fitment sucked as well, they're wider than the driver's seat runners, so i fabbed up all new ones.

548131_49_full.jpg

I also agree with monsterbishi's remarks b/c I don't know if this seat would hold in an accident. The thing that gives me comfort is knowing the seatbelts will kick in.

I'm debating tearing them down and seeing what's inside those bad boys, and since my gf is awesome, she could recover them for me (she's doing the rear seat.. it looks good)

I just bought a set of seats from k2motor.com tonight, went with the EVO style​

http://www.k2motor.com/rsevo1022.html

I had to buy a new set of seats seeing how I have crappy V6 seats in my GTS. Got 'em for $296 shipped, hopefully the quality is decent I'm not expecting it to blow my skirt up but I just couldn't afford blowing $1000+ on seats after having to buy new brakes. I'll keep everyone updated on the ease of install/quality and what not if you guys are interested. Not trying to hijack the thread or anything hehe.

FatLefty said:

I had to buy a new set of seats seeing how I have crappy V6 seats in my GTS. Got 'em for $296 shipped, hopefully the quality is decent I'm not expecting it to blow my skirt up but I just couldn't afford blowing $1000+ on seats after having to buy new brakes. I'll keep everyone updated on the ease of install/quality and what not if you guys are interested. Not trying to hijack the thread or anything hehe.

Nooo, it's not a hijack. That's exactly the info I want :) I'm subscribed, so post up your opinion whenever you get them! :nice:

FatLefty said:

A Pair of JDM EVO STYLE Racing Seats. (Driver and Passenger) brand new racing seats that will enhance the quality of your car both for show and race! Race seat inspired shoulder and thigh bolsters, combined with the bucket seat design provides the driver and passenger with a comfortable lateral support during high speed cornering. These BLACK racing seats are FULLY RECLINABLE (forward and backward) WITH UNIVERSAL SLIDING BRACKETS. The seat dimensions about 22"(width) 23"(depth) 35"(height). UNIVERSAL FIT for any car, truck, SUV. Brackets not included.

SOOOO... they come with brackets or not? :rlaugh:

gcomfx.com said:
A Pair of JDM EVO STYLE Racing Seats. (Driver and Passenger) brand new racing seats that will enhance the quality of your car both for show and race! Race seat inspired shoulder and thigh bolsters, combined with the bucket seat design provides the driver and passenger with a comfortable lateral support during high speed cornering. These BLACK racing seats are FULLY RECLINABLE (forward and backward) WITH UNIVERSAL SLIDING BRACKETS. The seat dimensions about 22"(width) 23"(depth) 35"(height). UNIVERSAL FIT for any car, truck, SUV. Brackets not included.

Yeah I questioned that as well at first but after looking at another website their pictures showed the seats with sliders so I'm assuming they do come with the universal craptastic sliders.​

When I do my install I'm hoping the seats are wide enough that I can just redrill my factory sliders. I'll keep everyone updated as the seats should be here on Friday hopefully.

gcomfx.com said:

The universale sliding brackets don't mount to the floor. They mount to a bracket which mounts to the floor... Basically useless.

Yeah I questioned that as well at first but after looking at another website their pictures showed the seats with sliders so I'm assuming they do come with the universal craptastic sliders.​

When I do my install I'm hoping the seats are wide enough that I can just redrill my factory sliders. I'll keep everyone updated as the seats should be here on Friday hopefully.

So after a few years of use, what's your impression of the seats?

Wes