Anyone ever do a New Edge reskin on their 94/95?

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I'm thinking really hard about this swap. I thought about swapping drivetrains into a new edge V6 car, but that seems like more work. The only thing I need to have done professionally would be the rear quarters, I think.

I just want to know what to expect with something like this and how all the lights will install.

• Sponsors (?)

A drivetrain swap is probbaly easier... the downside to that is passing emissions.

I would think you need to swap EVERY bodypanel except the roof. This is going to be a huge pain and cost (need to paint it after)...

I need to paint it anyway, and some of the body panels that are on my car need work. I don't have emissions here in FL.

Problem with a driveline swap is you have to swap every single wiring harness in the car, body and engine harnesses. Dash has to come out, interior has to be removed, etc etc. As long as everything will bolt up without a problem, I don't see the body swap being more difficult than an engine swap. Plus, I still get to keep my 94... and there's the WOW factor when I tell people it's a 94 when they think it's a 99 up!

for the cost of doing all that you might as well just buy an new edge unless your doing it yourself then i guess more power to you. just sounds like one of those never to be completed doomed from the start projects.

check out some junkyards for a wrecked roller or even classifieds.

there was a guy on one of the forums (I can't remember which one) that did it to his 94-98 and it turned out looking like a new edge by the time he was completed. If I remember correctly rear quarter panels were the most time consuming.

See, my car needs a lot of body work, lots of dings, dents and such. So I figure, If I have to replace almost every body panel on the car anyway, I might as well make it the car I really want. And since you can't buy a 302 powered New Edge car, this is a perfect opportunity to create one.

See, my car needs a lot of body work, lots of dings, dents and such. So I figure, If I have to replace almost every body panel on the car anyway, I might as well make it the car I really want. And since you can't buy a 302 powered New Edge car, this is a perfect opportunity to create one.

I hear ya man... May want to buy a cheap v6 new edge for parts though...

I think it would be cool i remember the dugan vert. how are the quarters attached are they bolted on the sail panels?

I wish! No, they are welded into place unfortunately. Some people on the forum have swapped their quarter panels with success, so I'm confident I could do it as well.

I still haven't replaced anything on my car yet, I'm diligently looking for a 99 up V6 car to swap my drivetrain into. But swapping the body onto my car isn't out of the question either.