Anyone have a bra on their 05-06?

Ponyboy289

Jun 2, 2003
Biloxi, MS
I just bought my black '06 last week, and am looking to purchase a full front end cover (bra) for it. I don't plan on keeping it there all the time, just during the late spring and late summer. Down here in south Mississippi we get the love bug swarms twice a year, and unless you feel like washing your car every day, they can ruin a paint job quickly.

I'm looking at the ones manufactured by LeBra, Wolf, and Covercraft. Anyone have any experience with any of these, and have any opinions regarding fit, materials, and how well they protect your paint while installed?

• Sponsors (?)

I had one on my 1990 Mustang for quite a while, although I can't remember the brand. It worked alright, but the tabs that were supposed to secure it never worked that well and it tended to trap a lot of dirt and water between it and the car. It will save you from the love bugs, but I'd still make sure you remove and clean the bra and car every so often, especially after it rains.

Look into 3M paint protection for the front end, rocker panels, door frame and handles. They make kits especially for the type of car you have. Cost me $700 here. Window tinting shops would be the place to enquire, thats how I found out about it. The nice thing about it is it's clear and when you want it removed or replace in 3 years it peels right off. Has saved me from rock chips, bugs etc. Well worth the cost versus a bra that can damage your paint. :hail2: