Anyone have experience w replacng vert top?

cobra1923

May 6, 2005
Baltimore
I need to replace the rear curtain (the piece with the back window in it). Anyone have any idea how it's done? 1995 GT glass rear window w/ defrost.

Looks like it might be a zipper along the top and the trim piece holding it on the bottom but want to be sure it's not too hard before I start something that should be done by an upholstery shop. I am getting a used one off of a wreck if it's not too difficult.

• Sponsors (?)

I need to replace the rear curtain (the piece with the back window in it). Anyone have any idea how it's done? 1995 GT glass rear window w/ defrost.

Looks like it might be a zipper along the top and the trim piece holding it on the bottom but want to be sure it's not too hard before I start something that should be done by an upholstery shop. I am getting a used one off of a wreck if it's not too difficult.

It's my understanding that you have to remove the top. I asked the question last summer when I noticed that the seal along the lower edge of the glass was separating and was wondering if there was a fix. There isn't and a new window and curtain needs to be installed which I was told means that the whole top has to be removed.

the whole top doesnt have to removed, but the rear portion has to be peeled back. the fabric with the zipper, staples in, do you actually need to remove this?? if not and your pulling the rear window from another car. the lower unbolts after you remove the trim it might just zip in up top and bolt at the bottom with no other work needed. honestly if it doesnt just bolt in have an upholstery shop do it normally will only charge about 100$ for the install

the rear curtain is not so easy, the top section is also mounted to the three braces in the trunk area that the curtin goes to, one on each side and one long one in the middle, i just got done replacing my wifes top around thanksgiving, it took me and my brother in law 2 days and alot of beer and staples.

email me at [email protected] and i will give ya my phone number and the old instructions, i think i still have em, i had with mine top. as for some shop doing just the curtin for 100.00, good luck on that one.