Anyone have experience with Audi

• Sponsors (?)

My Girlfriend's Dad has one. He travels a lot for his job from NJ up to New Hampshire each weekend which is about 500 miles. His car has close to 200,000 miles on it. It is a pretty solid car and I have driven it and it's pretty cool. However, it isn't problem free as previously stated some minor things broke like his power window motor and his radiator. Overall they are good cars.

At 200k miles, I can deal with a window motor or radiator. In fact if that's all I have to worry about, you are telling me these are incredibly reliable.

OK, I found a black on black 2001 2.7L quattro turbo. So, like an idiot, I bought it. Not bad mileage and great price, at least. Plus it's in very clean condition.

I'll miss the GTP, a great car. But this one is slick.

So the window for negative comments has officially closed. I will only accept ringing endorsements from this point on. :D

But seriously, thanks for the insights.

Well, I have never driven an Audi nor have mechanical experience with one, but I do have the knowledge that they make one safe car. A good friend of mine lost control due to a huge pothole and flipped his A4 into a telephone pole, smashing most of the car. Him and his girlfriend walked out without a scratch.

Awesome dude, it's AWD right? My friend has an 04 TT. It's a beast off the line, he pulls 1.7's on street tires, but it usually ran out past the 1/8 mile mark where I sucked him up. That was before my heads/cam, now I don't even know how we'd fare, because he did some stuff too. But it looks like a VW Bug. :notnice:

Thats all we ever really work on at our shop, Audi 2.7 biturbos. Mostly stage three upgrades: Turbo swap (K04's), fueling, clutch, tuning, etc. Nice cars. Just make sure you do the required maintenence at the Audi specified intervals or you will be hurting on down the road.... expensive to maintain even more expensive to repair if you neglect the car. If you are thinking about upping the boost..... Don't go to crazy because the stock turbo's are not going to like it very much. In fact the stock turbo's are usually the 1st things to go... :(

Hey, I finally got some pics, so let the pic whoring begin.
2173382_3_full.jpg

2173382_7_full.jpg

2173382_9_full.jpg

2173382_11_full.jpg

2173382_12_full.jpg

2173382_13_full.jpg

2173382_14_full.jpg

2173382_15_full.jpg

BTW, I love the car. It is solid as a rock. And you can pull away from a light around a right or left hand turn at WOT with no wheel spin, or even squeel. It just pulls (and hard once the turbos spool up).

Thanks for the advice. I'll watch the maintenance.

tx2000gt said:
They're German, they've gotta be good...

>_>

<_<

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I'm not going into details, because that usually just starts a big argument. All I'll say is, don't do it. Oh, and one more thing. Next time your out driving around. Pay attention, and try to see how many older Audi's you see on the streets.
Brandon

edit: Guess I should have replied sooner.

ROLLIN5.0 said:
edit: Guess I should have replied sooner.
Yes, you are officially too late. Only positive responses will be accepted from this point on.

But seriously, there are a few old Audis out there. Not as many as there are Mustangs, or Chevys or BMWs etc. But much of the reason for that is that they don't sell many Audis in the US. That discredited 60 Minutes report on sudden acceleration (turned out their reporting was flawed, not the cars) practically destroyed Audi in America for well over a decade.

How many old Porches or Skylines do you see on the road too?