anyone have pics of staggered 17" black FR-500's on a black 94-98 stang?

• Sponsors (?)

i used to have some fr-500s, loved them. don't ask why i don't have them anymore please ...

but imo black ones would be way too much black. i have a triple black myself and am going for the black and silver theme

what i didn't like about 9" rims was that the fronts would rub when turning the wheel all the way to one side, as in turning around in a tight space.

i think that 17x8 up front with 17x10.5 in the back would be perfect, but i have yet to see that combo

i used to have some fr-500s, loved them. don't ask why i don't have them anymore please ...

but imo black ones would be way too much black. i have a triple black myself and am going for the black and silver theme

what i didn't like about 9" rims was that the fronts would rub when turning the wheel all the way to one side, as in turning around in a tight space.

i think that 17x8 up front with 17x10.5 in the back would be perfect, but i have yet to see that combo

I was testing out the turning radius and I didn't have any rubbing while at full turn.

17x9 btw

I have the same rubbing issue with my 18x9 bullits, the fronts rub @ full turn. If I go for the R's from O.E. I am going to ask if they will mix & match for me. 8's front & 10.5's rear would definently be perfect...
& say, "Black Vert"....why did you get rid of the FR500's??????????????:rlaugh::lol::rlaugh::flag: JK of course!

I am going black with the polished lip. the polished lip gives the wheels just enough shine to equal out the blackness imo. :shrug:
Thanks for the input.

i had rubbing with my 03 cobra 17x9s with 255s. upgraded to FRs 18x9 with 265s and have no rubbing. I'm not a fan of black wheels at all. you can't see them. The lip makes it a little better but still at any kind of distance you can't tell what wheel it is.

i had rubbing with my 03 cobra 17x9s with 255s. upgraded to FRs 18x9 with 265s and have no rubbing. I'm not a fan of black wheels at all. you can't see them. The lip makes it a little better but still at any kind of distance you can't tell what wheel it is.

+1 Alot of people complain about 17" Cobra R rims rubbing more than anything else.

Any Black wheels do make it difficult to see from a distance.

"Black Vert"....why did you get rid of the FR500
nah it's cool ... i just couldn't handle recounting it last night

i was in a pretty bad car accident in my toyota a year ago january and was in the hospital when my 18 YO son tells me his car (a 1990 caprice) won't run and he needs to take the mustang to school, so i said ok.

as it happens, it was like 20 out for that whole week, and i had silver 18x9 fr500s with toyo r888 tires, definately a summer only setup.

so the way he tells it, he was pulling out of the neighborhood, making a left onto the main road and the tires just completely lost traction. the car fishtailed a couple times and he went over a 5" curb up onto the church's lawn. 3 tires and rims were ruined, and my k-member was bent. luckily that was it for damage.

he's a good kid and i don't think he was being TOO irresponsible, and i do believe that the summer only tires in that cold weather had something to do with the losing traction. heck, the car spins the tires really easily even in the summer too. but as you can imagine, i was pretty bummed out about the whole situation anyways.

so i found a killer deal on these 17x8 hot-wheels rims and got some falken all weather tires.

but i really did love those fr500s i had ... i realize it is your car and i respect your decision, but i really don't think black would look good at all on a triple black stang

DSCF0486.JPG

i was in a pretty bad car accident in my toyota a year ago january and was in the hospital when my 18 YO son tells me his car (a 1990 caprice) won't run and he needs to take the mustang to school, so i said ok.

as it happens, it was like 20 out for that whole week, and i had 18x9 fr500s with toyo r888 tires, definately a summer only setup.

so the way he tells it, he was pulling out of the neighborhood, making a left onto the main road and the tires just completely lost traction. the car fishtailed a couple times and he went over a 5" curb up onto the church's lawn. 3 tires and rims were ruined, and my k-member was bent. luckily that was it for damage.

he's a good kid and i don't think he was being TOO irresponsible, and i do believe that the summer only tires in that cold weather had something to do with the losing traction. hecl, the car spins the tires really easily even in the summer too. but as you can imagine, i was pretty bummed out about the whole situation anyways.

so i found a killer deal on these 17x8 hot-wheels rims and got some falken all weather tires.

but i really did love those fr500s i had

I remember you telling us about this a while back!

Sounded like he got a little ballsy and lost it due to multiple reasons...either way it sucks.

Maybe one day you will come across another set for a steal!:shrug:

as it happens, it was like 20 out for that whole week, and i had 18x9 fr500s with toyo r888 tires, definately a summer only setup.

he's a good kid and i don't think he was being TOO irresponsible, and i do believe that the summer only tires in that cold weather had something to do with the losing traction. hecl, the car spins the tires really easily even in the summer too. but as you can imagine, i was pretty bummed out about the whole situation anyways.

so i found a killer deal on these hot-wheels rims and got some falken all weather tires.

but i really did love those fr500s i had

sorry to hear that about your car man..... I wasn't really asking, just being my typical sarcastic self....asking, just because you said not too!:rolleyes:
anyway, thanks for the input, I appreciate it.:nice:

sorry to hear that about your car man..... I wasn't really asking, just being my typical sarcastic self....asking, just because you said not too!:rolleyes:
anyway, thanks for the input, I appreciate it.:nice:
i know you were kidding around and it's 100% fine.

but i'm still not liking the idea of black rims on a triple black vert ... just saying. post pics after you get them on, maybe you can change my mind.

:cheers: