Anyone have the FR Handling Pack?

• Sponsors (?)

I would have done that if I had the money.

FR designed the handling pack with information taken straight from the racetrack with the successfull FR500C program with the help of Multimatic Motorsports. Add the fact you'll get warranty if you do that sounds like a no brainer.

All you'll have to do next is just tighten up the rear with an aftermarket panhard bar and brace (or watts linkage) and keep the axle put by getting some control arms. You'll have a nice corner carver that way.

It's on mine and it is A W E S O M E.

It's the best blend of stiff and compliant I have experienced in a long time. I was truly blown away. I drive on SOCAL roads and highways and the 405 especially can be miserable. But this suspension made it livable yet still keeps the car tight on the back road twisties.

My mini-review that covers the suspension is at my site, heh.

After the Ford kit install - how does the steering feel? Mybuddy said when he lowered his 88' stang - the steering was never the same.

Also - where is the cheapest and most trustworthy place to get this?

Lastly - what does Ford usually bang you on the install?

The steering is fine. I mean you have to understand the Mustangs steering is terribly numb from the get go.

The car does track better and points better with the Ford Kit. Which is expected with any of the nicer lowering/dampener/swaybar kits out there.

Only thinner rubber and even stiffer shocks/springs are really going to make the steering feel vastly different.

Trust me I know, I had that in my older '07. (HnR coilovers) I could feel way more but at the cost of puking my guts out from the harshness. And really you still didn't get as much feedback through the wheel as one would like.

Install price fot the Ford kit should be around $250 to $350. Although I have seen some places whacking people $600.

The steering is the same to me which is a little too mushy to begin with. The Ford kit also comes with camber eccentric bolts that are optional on other kits and because its designed by Ford (atleast to their specs) it's lowered to perfect height so it eliminates the need for a bump steer kit which is also an extra expense with other kits. GO FORD!!!:nice:

The steering isn't affected. It steers exactly the same, I turn the wheel to the left the car goes to the left. I turn the wheel to the right the car goes to the right....lol. On a real note, it feels a little more responsive than before but overall there was no degradation to the steering.

Ive got the Steeda Handling package 1 and the Gtrac package..I love it..Im not a proffesional, so I wouldnt notice if one handled better than the other, so I can only speak for the Steeda..Although I did notice a difference after i put in the G-trac bar and the panhard bar slightly..Unless u know what ur doing, a matched package is the best way to go IMHO..My vote is for Steeda, only cuz I love the way my car handles.I too ditched the stock stuff after 5 days of driving with the stock suspension..

OK - Before I purchase...

I just want to make sure this isnt overkill for me. I am not looking to race my car or anything. I want to just lower it for looks.

Is this overkill and should I just do a coil over?

Not only will it look alot better lowered, but it will handle so much better..You should eventually do a coil over if you want, but you should do HD sway bars too..
You will feel the difference, trust me..