Anyone here live near Virginia Tech?

19mustang68

Apr 9, 2007
I'm not really sure which forum this would belong in, but i was just wondering how many people live near VT. I live about 20-30min away and it is really weird the way things like this occur and it is very scary to have this happen so close. Everything where i am at is almost at a standstill, everyone is freaking out and it's a very troubling situation. With that being said, anyone else live around there and would like to share how things are?

• Sponsors (?)

The Murrah Building Bombing was kind of the same, but a little different. There was talk that there were other bombs, people with middle eastern looks caught some flack, luckily they caught McVie pretty quickly. I was about 6 miles away when the explosion occured and my 17" CRT jumped about an inch off my desk. The engineer I was working for was sitting at his desk looking that direction (he had a corner office) talking on the phone. He told whomever he was talking to that something had just blown up downtown, then the concussion wave hit and the window bowed in a couple inches, scared him as he thought it would shatter in his face. Our office is on the 2nd story of a 10 story office building with big glass panes.

VTstang66 was in the building next door.