Anyone know a thing or two...

sturg

Jan 24, 2009
about bazooka subs??? i have two ten inch bazooka's cs1004's and a 300 watt alpine v12 amp, how should these things sound, they're going in my suburban to get some bass in that thing until i can get some nicer subs... I was just wondering if the subs i have now are decent and if they will bump at all?

• Sponsors (?)

I had one 8 inch in my old Probe. It gave my cheap system a backbone and a full sound but if you are looking to let the neighborhood know you are coming then you won't like them. I'm not a big fan of gut churning bass but if you are looking for a nice compliment to a weak low end then they are pretty good.

Bazookas are real good setups for when you need a lot of bass but you don't have a lot of space....such as Mustangs..Focus's ...Hondas..etc.However they sound comepletely oppositte when you use them in large vehicles with cavernous interior space.They were meant for vehicles with very little air space.Thats where they perform their best.You will hear them in the suburban,but you will be rather disappointed with the results.You're not going to get much volume (db) out of this.Your best bet would be to use a ported enclosure.And use a different set of speakers.The subs in the bazooka tubes wont do as they were specifically designed for the tight airspace,and calibrated for the tube dimensions.If your strapped for cash and on a budget,check E-bay for some cheaper but nicely performing subs.Good enough for the time being and well within your budget.Should be good for that amp even.Alpine amps ,especially the class D types are good performers.

Bazookas are real good setups for when you need a lot of bass but you don't have a lot of space....such as Mustangs..Focus's ...Hondas..etc.However they sound comepletely oppositte when you use them in large vehicles with cavernous interior space.They were meant for vehicles with very little air space.Thats where they perform their best.You will hear them in the suburban,but you will be rather disappointed with the results.You're not going to get much volume (db) out of this.Your best bet would be to use a ported enclosure.And use a different set of speakers.The subs in the bazooka tubes wont do as they were specifically designed for the tight airspace,and calibrated for the tube dimensions.If your strapped for cash and on a budget,check E-bay for some cheaper but nicely performing subs.Good enough for the time being and well within your budget.Should be good for that amp even.Alpine amps ,especially the class D types are good performers.

ya i have these two in a sealed box, i wanna get a ported one but thats how i got them so oh well, i just want a little bit of bump in my car for the time being, im looking to get a v6 stang in a couple of years, im 16 so insurance on a v8 will be outrageous, but i'll throw the bazookas in that car and then look for some 15's for my suburban, thanks for your help guys.