Anyone know of a correct looking 67-69 dual exhaust tip in 2.5"?????

Hey Pak,
Did you ever get your exhaust tip issue resolved? I'm getting sick of looking at the 2.5" straight pipe out the back and am trying to figure out the best option. I am now thinking I will be forced to go with an oval design, similar to what was used on the 70 Stangs I believe, but would much rather go with the dual tip, even if it could not have the rolled edge. Barnstang also posted something here about a guy who fabbed something from the stock tips it sounds like, but pictures would be really helpful to see how he did it and what it looks like. Anyone got some suggestions before I buckle and do something different?

Well, yes and no. I gave up on having some crafted and after several discussions with other folks in the same boat it seemed that the best alternative was to cut the original tips right below the Y and weld on a 2 1/2 to oval stainless transition to make them fit and retain the original look. Here is a set that was done already, hopefully I'll be tackling my own this summer unless I like the look and price of what Pete is selling, I can probably even hook him up with a couple dozen other 69 owners dying for some, (ahem...for a discount of course).:rolleyes:

2387156_39_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I basaically do the same thing as in that pic. I cut and weld a new piece onto them. Mine have a longer piece added, to keep it stock length. I use repro stainless rolled tips to start with. I made my own from an original pair, but no difference. If someone had an original pair and wanted them done, I could do it.

You're kidding right Rusty??? Do you know how a stock dual exhaust system is secured at the rear valance? And when there is a tip involved? I didn't build a concours car here . . but I think you don't realize that I'm much closer to stock than not :)

Hey Pete,

Since you've had these on a few cars already, any reports of too much restriction? I contacted Scott Drake a few years ago about making one of these for the 67'-69' cars since so many folks have gone to 2 1/2" pipe over the years and they said they wouldn't even consider it for this reason as it makes the larger pipe a useless waste. I don't see how that could really be the case when it's at the end of the run, I could see it in the middle having that affect and choking things up but I'm curious about the real world results.