Anyone know what the most powerful roots GT is?

• Sponsors (?)

The most powerful PD 2V I know of is the guy on here with the GT and the Cobra vert. His 2V is making around 640 at the wheels with a KB.

Now if you are talking about an Eaton/Roots then the best I have seen on a 4.6 was a 4V with the biggest porting you can do on a 112 and spinning it to 17psi (about max for one) and it was 550ish. The Eaton cant support more than 550 and most guys that have a ported Eaton run around 520 at the wheels.

So do you have an Eaton or whats up?

Roots is the design, not brand. It's either roots or twin screw, im asking roots. Which would include eaton in this case. Mainly asking about 2V's, but that's a good point that the terminators start tapping out around 520 because of the M112's limits.

Roots is the design, not brand. It's either roots or twin screw, im asking roots. Which would include eaton in this case. Mainly asking about 2V's, but that's a good point that the terminators start tapping out around 520 because of the M112's limits.
I understand that and figured you did to. I was just making sure you ment what you said :rlaugh:
I also assumed when you said "roots" you would be referring to an Eaton as all the roots kits I see are based off the Eaton body.
Since a roots is so much more innefecient then a twin screw thats why I asked if you already had one or may have a line on a cheap one. To get the high HP numbers a twin is a neccestity but seeing how cheap 112s are and knowing how you shop I bet you could build an Eaton setup for half the cost of a KB setup :shrug:

I understand that and figured you did to. I was just making sure you ment what you said :rlaugh:
I also assumed when you said "roots" you would be referring to an Eaton as all the roots kits I see are based off the Eaton body.
Since a roots is so much more innefecient then a twin screw thats why I asked if you already had one or may have a line on a cheap one. To get the high HP numbers a twin is a neccestity but seeing how cheap 112s are and knowing how you shop I bet you could build an Eaton setup for half the cost of a KB setup :shrug:
There's a lot of assumptions there. I'd be willing to put my 1.9 roots up against a bigger displacement twin

There's a lot of assumptions there. I'd be willing to put my 1.9 roots up against a bigger displacement twin
There was but a single assumption and that was thinking it was an Eaton.

I took it for granted that you said what you ment and was right cause you are a straight shooter.
I took it for granted that the reason you would get a roots instead of a twin is because you got a good deal on one because you are patient and have got nothing but great deals on your build. :shrug:

I was not saying anything rude or calling you out. :scratch:

There was but a single assumption and that was thinking it was an Eaton.

I took it for granted that you said what you ment and was right cause you are a straight shooter.
I took it for granted that the reason you would get a roots instead of a twin is because you got a good deal on one because you are patient and have got nothing but great deals on your build. :shrug:

I was not saying anything rude or calling you out. :scratch:
Do you wanna go!?!?!
Haha, im just bustin your ballz man.
It's not really an eaton, and def not a M112. And assuming roots are grossly inefficient, too, is assuming that we're all using a 4th gen design. Per liter, the TVS's velocity maps and efficiency curves look better to me, i dunno

VE.jpg

VolumetricFlow.jpg

2300VE.jpg

2300VolumetricFlow.jpg

IsentropicEfficiency.jpg

as far as highest PD 2V car, I've seen is Tim's 919rwhp KB 2.8H GT. I know there's a handful others that are in the 700-800 area but they don't post on forums much so you'll never hear of them. With a lower crank pulley for more boost (28-30 PSI) I think mine can top 800rwhp or come close. Guess I'll find out not long from now.

k, if you're talking roots only, I can't give a definite answer. One reason, the 2V market for roots has been very small, if not non-existant for a long time. The small M90s have been the only choice for a while.

Jim's car trapped 150mph. Also, weight and launch plays a role in trap speed. Not just peak hp. The more time you spend in WOT, instead of feathering the pedal trying to get traction, the faster you'll run.

My friends 915 2001 SS Camro trapped 153 at a 1500 track in the summer so that's about right, plus it's full weight full interior ac and looks stock. He was running slicks and skinnies. He drove over 200 miles each way that day.

With me spinning half the 1/8 I should trap 135+ then this winter on the steet tune. Hell once in cold air at a 500' with only 516 I trapped 130.69 with a stock suspension and 17 dr's.

Most people I've seen who wasn't ridiculously spinning usually lost trap when they found traction.