Anyone NOT using an X or H pipe, just straight duals?

• Sponsors (?)

It's your car...do what you like-a good exhaust shop shouldn't charge much to mate your headers to the cat back or whatever setup you have. The sound will be different-probably more pop since there's no evening of pulses between the firing cylinders. And certain RPMs will create odd noise patterns inside the car...I used to have straight duals with turbo style mufflers before I finally bought the h pipe just recently removed. It worked fine, but it did have some different sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Thread revival!

I said I'd post pics of my exhaust when it was done. Fab shop (Tig Vision Welding & Fabrication) wanted to change it up a little bit and I let them do what they wanted. The headers are 1-7/8" to 2" 304 stainless long tubes with 3-1/2" collectors, v-bands, and aluminum mufflers with turndowns. (no crossover)

shockerexhaust.jpg

MUAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... I bet it sounds like a beast!

Sound clip or it didn't happen! :fuss:

Sound clip will be put on blast all over the 'net as soon as we get this thing fired up! The car is at Mustang Performance for final assembly. I'd imagine the first startup will be this week or next. Then as soon as we dyno the car, it's going on daily driver duty. Seriously!

Sound clip will be put on blast all over the 'net as soon as we get this thing fired up! The car is at Mustang Performance for final assembly. I'd imagine the first startup will be this week or next. Then as soon as we dyno the car, it's going on daily driver duty. Seriously!

Send a box of earplugs to your local law enforcement. :O_o:

Send a box of earplugs to your local law enforcement. :O_o:

Yeah, thought about that. And thought about taking off the parachute for street driving. I go to the gym 5 days a week and it's directly across the street from the police station. :D Not too worried about it though. Things are different down here in South Florida. There are plenty of brutally fast cars running around, and there are also some slow cars running around that are as loud as this thing probably will be. There's a high school kid in town with a straight piped S197 that drives me nuts. And don't even get me started about all of the B18 swapped civics with open full-length headers!! :bang:

Wow. That sure is different. I like it. Stay the hell away from speed bumps!

Different for a streetcar. Very typical for a racecar. And regarding the ground clearance, the picture is deceiving. There's probably more than 4" of clearance. That's good for a Fox with full length headers. In fact, it loaded onto the trailer easier with this 427" full length header combo than it did with its previous 302" shortie header combo. Not sure why.

The important thing is it's legal for NMRA True Street, which is good because we have work to do!!!

Yeah, thought about that. And thought about taking off the parachute for street driving. I go to the gym 5 days a week and it's directly across the street from the police station. :D Not too worried about it though. Things are different down here in South Florida. There are plenty of brutally fast cars running around, and there are also some slow cars running around that are as loud as this thing probably will be. There's a high school kid in town with a straight piped S197 that drives me nuts. And don't even get me started about all of the B18 swapped civics with open full-length headers!! :bang:

Different for a streetcar. Very typical for a racecar. And regarding the ground clearance, the picture is deceiving. There's probably more than 4" of clearance. That's good for a Fox with full length headers. In fact, it loaded onto the trailer easier with this 427" full length header combo than it did with its previous 302" shortie header combo. Not sure why.

The important thing is it's legal for NMRA True Street, which is good because we have work to do!!!

Thread revival!

I said I'd post pics of my exhaust when it was done. Fab shop (Tig Vision Welding & Fabrication) wanted to change it up a little bit and I let them do what they wanted. The headers are 1-7/8" to 2" 304 stainless long tubes with 3-1/2" collectors, v-bands, and aluminum mufflers with turndowns. (no crossover)

shockerexhaust.jpg

Blast from the past! You ever get a sound clip? debating doing this because the extra POWAAAA but not sure because i live in nazi cali lol

WOW! Dude you are now on my hero list. Awesome.
Dang, I wish I had seen your SIG before I ordered an X-pipe from UPR yesterday. Would have liked a Stangnet discount.

Thanks! Sorry you missed the discount. But I can definitely hook you up if you need anything else!

Bet you're the talk of the neighborhood

I intentionally bought a house with NO NEIGHBORS. This car's pretty friggen loud. LOL!

Hahaha! Thanks. The audio in that video wasn't spectacular... it was really more of a statement I was making when some keyboard racers were talking smack.

This video has better audio of the exhaust: