Mach 1 Anyone own a Diablo Tuner

Mach428

Dec 7, 2003
Hey I was wondering if anyone owns a Diablo Predator Programmer 99-04 V6/V8 Mustang for their Mach 1. I was thinking of purchasing one because some of my friends and I would like to reflash our ECU's with the performance tune's and gear swaps. My question is, is the tuner easy to learn how to use, does the performance tune actually make a diffrence, is it worth the money??

• Sponsors (?)

In my opinion, the Predator is well worth the money. Installing the Performance tune is easy. And that's saying something if I can do it. Not a mechanic here. To get the most out of the tune, go get it dynoed and have the Predator dialed in for max HP and TQ. I gained 13 HP and 12 TQ. But instead of adding timing to my Mach, I had -12% taken out at 4K-7K RPM's, and -6% taken out at 2K-4K RPM's. I don't know if it's a Mach thing or 4 valve thing or what. Everyone else is maxing their timing out. Mine got HP and TQ but in the opposite direction. Anything else you use with the Predator is icing on the cake. Disconnect traction control, speedo adjust for gears, A/F adjustment (Had this done during dyno) and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember off hand. To me, it was worth it. But that's just me. Take it to a Mustang Dyno to get the max out of your tune.

Just remember the predator can only flash one vehicle at a time. If you want to flash your friend's car then you first have to reflash yours back to the stock tune. Once the predator installs a performance tune into a car it cannot be used on another car until the first car is returned to stock.

May be a little late for a reply to influence your purchase, but I have had mine since the day they came out for the Mach1. It has been a great tool for me, as I have had different gears, 4.30's, 4.56's and now the 3.73's and it made for an easy speedo calibration when done. I turned off the traction control as I had a hard time always to remember to shut if off after I started it up. I also turned off the speed limiter, dropped the idle 50 rpms, set the cooling fans to come on and turn off at a more constant temperature and dropped my rev limiter a couple hundred RPMs incase I might miss a shift. I have not messed with the timing or A/F as yet and won't until I decide to get it dynoed.

With the performance tune from Diablo using the first rev and up to the latest rev of r50d I noticed a substantial mid-range improvement and overall smoothness while going up through the gears. I have filled and checked the mileage on every tank of gas and did notice a slight improvement in MPG too.
I consider it to be one of the best tools / upgrades I have purchased for my Mach1.