Anyone run Thumper's Heads on a 351W Carbed motor?

5-oh stang

Founding Member
Apr 30, 2002
I just need a set of cheap head that flow relitivly well because i don't have alot of cash to spend on heads right now. I am either going with a .030 over windsor with flat top/notched for valve pistions (forged of course) a performer RPM intake and a 650 or 700 double pumper and full length headers with 1 3/4 primaries. Its going in a 68 mustang coupe and it won't be my daily driver but i want to get it running asap!!! The restoration of it (bodywork, paint, interior)is costing me pretty good now and i am on a tight budget. Will these heads perform good?
I will be adding nitrious on it also. And i have thought about the budget 393. Would the heads work good for that until i would have money for new one(about 2 year from now)?? Also i don't want a real radical cam, just a nice street cam that has a noticable lope when idleing, not much though and i don't need it to pull beyond 5800-6000 rpms. Any suggestions on a cam?? Thanks alot.
You guys and gals have helped me soooo much its unreal.. Really Apreciate it!! :hail2: :flag: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

thumper heads (200 cfm intake) + .500 lift cam 220* duration (they flow roughly 70% on the exhaust so a single pattern cam will work good) and a decent windsor with a 700 and rpm air gap shouldmake for 400 hp no problem.

351w...

351Ws use the E7TE heads with the small valves!! SOoooo... puting a set of ported heads and the stock valve size will make that 68 coupe scare ya!! Velocity will be awesome!! and the low end will be rightious!! even with the 3.00 or 3.25 rear gear!! It should still pull way beyond 5500 ( if that is want you want...now) then when you UPGRADE in a few years... let us know the differance!! cool??

I am going to do a 67-68 for the wife, but in the 70s style!! 8" rims on the back and skinnies on the front! and I'm going to put the old "t-bolt" style reverse tear drop hood!! I raced one like that in the late 70s and it has always stuck in my mind!! ( he lost ba a few car lengths..) Anyway.... sorry I got off track..
Just me.....................................

Thumper