Anyone runnin a C&L 80mm NATURALLY ASPIRATED on a fox body?

Anyone runnin a C&L 80mm mass air NATURALLY ASPIRATED on a fox body?

What kind & what size inlet tube or power pipe are u using? From what I've heard the 4" Anderson Hi-Volume pipe only works well w/Pro-M meters. They say that the C&L 80mm with this pipe would give me low speed driveability/idle problems :shrug: Any recommendations for what to do w/the C&L 80mm?

• Sponsors (?)

Throw it in the trashcan and buy a Pro-M, take it from me man, those MAF's are junk.. I had a 73mm and I was told this time and again, and I kept getting angered and blowing it off, but trust me, when it comes down to having your car run like total ass, its just not worth it.

JadeFalcon said:
Throw it in the trashcan and buy a Pro-M, take it from me man, those MAF's are junk.. I had a 73mm and I was told this time and again, and I kept getting angered and blowing it off, but trust me, when it comes down to having your car run like total ass, its just not worth it.

See that's the thing, I don't really wanna have to get another meter & I swear my buddy's car runs way better w/his C&L 76mm kit vs. the Pro-M 77 kit that he ended up selling last year. :shrug:

I was running complex boost tables also, but it ran like crap at idle, off idle, everywhere... unless it was WOT, it was crap. You will find alot of people not liking C&L if you search around. I dont assume they are too bad NA.

Fox Saleen 163 said:
I have a 76mm C&L with the 76mm elbow. No problems, idles smooth. At one time it did idle like crap, but it was not due to the MAF and has since been fixed.

Are u using the stock air box? I'm also curious about ur Magnaflows w/dumps. I have a Magnaflow CB & I was thinkin of dumpin em too. How's it sound? Personally I still like the sound of 2 chamber Flows w/off road H or X :D

Yes, I'm using the stock airbox. C&L states not to use a 90* bend just before the MAF so I didn't. A 90* bend before the meter causes idle problems. Sometime it can be cured by rotating the MAF 90* clockwise.

I also had a Magnaflow catback, but when I got my panhard bar I had to dump them or spend big bucks on custom tailpipes. So I cut and dumped them. It got deeper and quite a bit louder with the dumps.