anyone running nitrous?

94gtslow

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Temple,Texas
I just got the Nx kit with the gen-x2 upgrade kit.

Heater, purge, guages, etc . and even the NX rpm window switch.

Anyone got any tips on the install etc.?

Ecpected times or any usefull information?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I had this exact kit and genx-2 also. It's sold now and I dont have the instructions anymore but read your booklet (or go on the NX website they have all the instructions for EVERYTHING). Just take your time. Be careful with the adjustement of the fuel safety pressure switch. Mine made me lost pretty much a full summer cause it was defective and I didnt know what the problem was. It was reading false pressure and making me stop from spraying.

As far as times, I have none to give you. I had a nitrous incident (totally my fault---> wot switch got stucked in my carpet) that ended up making me spray a 100shot STANDING STILL reving the engine at 5000rpm ready for launching. Engine blew 2 days later. But you shoulkd break in the 11's pretty easy with a 100shot and slicks, considering you already run 13flat n/a.

lolz my sig is way old i always run 93.

what s the difference in the 764 and 104 plugs. I know that the 763 and 103's are colder than them.

I am going to start out at a 100 shot. What plug and gap do I need to run?

I run NGK TR6 plugs they are one range colder than the stock TR5 plug, to go 2 ranges colder you will have to go with an irridium(sp?) plug and that is a TRi7.

I run a gap of 35

With my stock longblock I ran a 13.1 @ 107 with a 1.9 60ft (spinning 60ft btw), the other mods were pullies, 3.73 gears, K&N, and MSD digital6+.

I would rec. the MSD digital6+ as you can set it up to remove timing, how much you want to remove is up to you, when the n2o is activated. That way you can run 14* or so off the bottle and then run a safe amount when spraying. A gen. rule to remember is for every 50hp of n2o remove 2* of timing so with 100hp taking out 4* from your non-ping/det. N/A setup is what you should do. If your still running the stock 10* and have no ping/det. then that "should" be ok. Just make sure you do not have a ping issue.