Anyone with 4.10's or 4.30's get in here!!

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
sorry I tried to link another sites page. I want to know if anyone with 4.10's ever wished they had went lower. Anyone with 4.30's that DD there veh. how is your gas mileage? I just don't know which one to go with.

• Sponsors (?)

I have had 4.10s in the rear for about 6 months now and am glad I didn't go lower to a 4.30. But am even more glad I didn't puss out with 3.73. I just got a 24 mpg average on my drive to PA and back to SC. I would have gone insane with the 4.30s. If you don't get extremely loud exhaust with a lot of resonance and don't get on the interstate for long periods of time get the 4.30s

If you do get 4.30s be prepared to start having launching issues. aka youll need some wider sticky tires and at least some lower control arms to kill the wheel hop...

unless you just like showing how long your car can burnout whilst tryin to throw the axel off! hehe:D

I have 4.30s in my DD with every bolt on and 295/35's out back and I am sooooo happy I didn't go with 4.10's!!

The reason I say that is that I sometimes wish I had gone with 4.56's because it almost feels like I need a little more gears and I thank my lucky stars I was brave enough to go with the 4.30's over the 4.10's because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been happy with just the 4.10's...

I had 4.30's in my 2003 Mach 1 (manual with .62 overdrive) and have 4.10's in my 2007 GT (automatic with .71 overdrive). The overdrive helped sway me to 4.30's in the Mach 1. Not enough overdrive in the 05-07 Autos, while the 05-07 Manuals have a .68 overdrive so they can take a little more gear.

More importantly, what are you going to do with the car? I you run a shorter tire than stock, install the 4.30's (or 4.56's), do some popular bolt on's then head to the dragstrip you might just run out of 4th gear by the end of the 1/4 mile. I calculated how much gear I would need to hit redline in drive (4th) at around 120 mph (planning ahead for mods) and I came up with 4.10's as the right gears for my application. You should do the same math, or perhaps figure out cruising rpm's on the freeway if that's important to you.

Of course, you could always run a taller tire to gain back some mph with a steeper gear.

Both my 03 Mach 1 an the 07 GT only suffered about 1/2 to 1 mpg drop versus stock gearing. Not really a big deal considering how much better the car performs! DO NOT FEAR THE GEAR!

I have had pro 5.0 4.30s in my DD for about 5 months now and I love them. But now they are making some really strange noises so Im swapping out for some 410A's this weekend. Im not swapping because of gear ratios, just simply for reliability. Plus it's easier to find 26" tires for the factory 18's than it is 27 or 28" tires. So when I get new tires it will equal out almost the same as my 4.30's and tires I have now.

BTW, I really don't think a bolt on DD will be able to run out of gear in 4th in the 1/4 with 4.30s. With a 27" tire 4th with be at 119@6500 rpm. With a 26" tire 4th will be at 115@6500 rpm.

I've got 4.10's in my '05 and for the street I'd rather have 3.73's for sure. Track....4.10's or 4.30's are great. I have 26.66'' tall tires on the back and as soon as the aftermarket makes some damn 27''-27.5'' drag radials I'll buy them immediately. The taller tire will make first gear a bit longer.

I too have 4.10's and I am happy with them, My car is a Daily Driver and weekend racer. I have an Automatic and run about 2950 RPM @ 80mph. In the 1/4 I am running 13.2 and Trapping at 104 and it shifts into 4th 200ft before the trap. I am retuning the car to try to keep me in 3rd longer. My car smokes the tires in First scratches 2nd and chirps 3rd. 4.10's are awsome in these cars.