anyone with slicks please help

Tony01GT

Dec 16, 2002
Orland Park, IL
I need slicks bad!! I'm thinking ET Streets, and prostar wheels to match my skinnies. What size should i get?I ran 12.2 with 100 shot and had a hard time hooking up with 315 nittos, and now i am running 150 shot and spin like no other in first.Any help would be appreciated!! O and if you have skinnies with a 3 1/2 inch rim what size spacer did you use, i have 7/16" and it looks close. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Tony01GT said:
I need slicks bad!! I'm thinking ET Streets, and prostar wheels to match my skinnies. What size should i get?I ran 12.2 with 100 shot and had a hard time hooking up with 315 nittos, and now i am running 150 shot and spin like no other in first.Any help would be appreciated!! O and if you have skinnies with a 3 1/2 inch rim what size spacer did you use, i have 7/16" and it looks close. :shrug:

I run weld pro-stars at the track all the way around. On the front I run a 7/16" spacer and have no problems. On the rear 15x8 with 5.5 backspacing and a 26 10.5 ET street and hook fairly well. I haven't run the car since I installed 4 cylinder springs in the front so my times will improve. (I wasn't getting good wait transfer with my 2 inch lowering springs....)

Roller406BU said:
I run weld pro-stars at the track all the way around. On the front I run a 7/16" spacer and have no problems. On the rear 15x8 with 5.5 backspacing and a 26 10.5 ET street and hook fairly well. I haven't run the car since I installed 4 cylinder springs in the front so my times will improve. (I wasn't getting good wait transfer with my 2 inch lowering springs....)
where did you get your 4 cylinder springs from, im looking to get a set. As for the ET streets, im looking for something that will hook up like a b****. I have a hard time with nitto drags 315's deflated. its like first gear is a joke but they spin and then you can feel them start to grip then i'm gone. I ran 12.2 with a 100 shot, and now i'm jetted to a 150 so i dont think its going to be pretty. I'm looking to hook up hard and get deep into the 11's.

Mine hooks pretty good..1.81 60 foot......With the springs I have in the front now I should be in the 1.70ish range, well see. I got the springs through napa i told them I wanted 4 cylinder fronts with no A/C for a lx mustang. I told the guy a 91 model. $60 bucks. If you really worried about hooking run an all out slick for instance a 26 by 10 ET drag.

I tighten the lugs good and tight is all I can say. I believe weld recommends 55 foot pounds.....