AOD to t5 swap question

I'm planning on doing the aod to t5 swap when the next tax return check comes around next year. In the meantime I am reading absolutely everything I can about this install. I honestly am not that mechanically inclined, but from what I understand this swap is really more nerve-wracking than difficult. Going through some guides I noticed that when you pull the AOD out there are some kind of coolant lines that need to be removed. All the guides say that they have to be cut off to remove them. What are they for? Do I have to cut them off? Can I just leave them be unhooked in the transmission bay? If they are cut do they have to be plugged? Like I said, i'm trying to do this smart so I know every nook and cranny when it comes to doing this switch. Thanks in advance guys.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Those are the tranny cooler lines. They run from the AOD to the radiator to circulate the fluid for cooling. If you pull them, the radiator wont leak because of it so you don't need to do anything crazy. Plug the holes because it looks a ton better.

The whole swap is relatively easy and there is a ton of info on this site to guide you through it. Run the search for "t-5 swap" and you will be given all the insight you need. Enjoy!