AODE tranny not shifting

5.0wnes

Oct 22, 2007
after i bought my 94 mustang GT, the tranny was shifting fine. i decided to do a tranny flush because it was sitting for more then 4 years but when i did a tranny flush all of a sudden the tranny wouldnt shift. it would take off but when the rpm goes really high it wouldnt shift. i was thinking since i did the flush without changing the filter on the tranny i could have a plugged filter. does anyone know would could have happened? thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

why wouldn't you change the filter.....lol......all the years there becomes build up in certain areas of the trans...and if it was not flushed reguarly.......it cakes up...when you flushed it it could have broken loose and clogges up in the valve body.....or somewhere...I would have it flushed once more and change the filter.......that would be my first move....and I would do it quick and stop driving it until then..
also...fill it with synthetic.......and change it after a while.....but beware...sometimes synthetic will reveal a leak or two...

I would be sure it is full, yes, and check the codes as well.
Make sure to use Mercon V as well on service.

Could be VSS or MLPS sensor.

Note that defualt is 2nd gear, so let us know if it is running up in 2 or 1.