are falken tires any good

DrSmith

Sep 2, 2004
Maine
Man, I thought picking a supercharger was hard. I am swamped with tire choices. I was going to buy coopers, now I have found a great price on falkens. Thank God I'm not buying new rims....
Anyone use Falkens?
thanks,
Doc

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, they are good.

I would say they are great, but I dont have experience with enough other types of tire to really know. I have Falken Ziex 512s. I bought them because they were the least expensive tire in my area at the time, and I absolutely had to change tires. I am planning on new rims and tires at some point in the next 40k miles, so I did not want to break the bank just yet. Here is a link to where I bought them, with product reviews and other info:

Tire Details - Discount Tire

They seem to get good reviews on the net, and I love them so far. They are leaps and bounds better than the old Goodyear Eagle GTs that came with the car when I bought it used. However, that is comparing an old completely worn tire to a new one, so not really fair. Turn-in was much more crisp, grip was better in braking and it took higher rpm to break them loose for a burnout. Also, there was no longer any loss of traction when hitting second. AND... the ride is much quieter.

I have taken the Falkens to a road course once, and they were great.

I went with Cooper tires, so far so good. I will let you know how they turn out. I was way too overwhelmed with choices. I went with coopers due to their association with roush racing and I like the shop where I bought them.
I will let you all know. I should have waited because I wanted slightly larger tires on the rear. I was at a show last weekend, how people make the choices to mod their cars is beyond me. Way too many choices. My next mod is a supercharger. I think I am leaning towards a kenne bell. Amazing that a kb supercharger will cost me almost as much as my first new car did!
How much was a stang in 1984?
be well guys (and gals)
Doc

I went with Cooper tires, so far so good. I will let you know how they turn out. I was way too overwhelmed with choices. I went with coopers due to their association with roush racing and I like the shop where I bought them.
I will let you all know. I should have waited because I wanted slightly larger tires on the rear. I was at a show last weekend, how people make the choices to mod their cars is beyond me. Way too many choices. My next mod is a supercharger. I think I am leaning towards a kenne bell. Amazing that a kb supercharger will cost me almost as much as my first new car did!
How much was a stang in 1984?
be well guys (and gals)
Doc

It's easy... You join a Mustang based forum, look around at other peoples rides, see something you like, start a thread about it to get some opinions while also doing research on your own, and remind yourself while you are typing your credit card information to order said part that it will get the job done that you want and there will still be faster flashier cars than you. At least that how I do it.