Are these LX's worth the price???

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Hello everyone...I dont normally post here, but i am looking for some Fox owner opinions....Are these good deals...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/474705559.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/476540168.html

I currently have my 03 Mach 1 ( which is here to stay), & a few months back i was in the market for a nice LX hatch with a budget of $5500....I couldnt find any clean fox's at the time for that price so I ended up picking up a bone stock canary yellow 95Gt with 79k original miles for $5500....Even though it wasnt a fox, it was still a 5.0 which is what I really wanted.....Now i have put a few grand into my 95 in suspension, exhaust, wheels/tires, clutch, etc....but now it is getting to the point to where I am getting sick of having an SN95, since I have already had 3 before this one...anyway, i finally want to get a Fox & sell my SN95...What do u guys think??? The 95 is my daily driver btw, so the fox would be that too....I know they arent the best on gas, but that doesnt matter to me...i just want a good reliable car just like my 95.... Is this a bad idea?? Should I keep the 95???? I really dont want to throw away all the money & mods so i would probably try to remove as much as I can b4 selling it...& do those Foxes above seem like good deals....thanks....

BTW...this is my 95....Mods are listed in sig...

DSCN2346.jpg

DSCN2341.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2346.jpg
    DSCN2346.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN2341.jpg
    DSCN2341.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

i think a lot has to do with where you live. they both look pretty good. around here, both those cars would be a steal, but i know in the states, prices are much different..... i do know that a stock, unmolested fox is a great platform to start with though, b/c you know the car hasn't really been abused like many of the modded foxes you see on the market that are close to big repair bills...

i think a lot has to do with where you live. they both look pretty good. around here, both those cars would be a steal, but i know in the states, prices are much different..... i do know that a stock, unmolested fox is a great platform to start with though, b/c you know the car hasn't really been abused like many of the modded foxes you see on the market that are close to big repair bills...

thanks...I think the prices are good...170k miles seems like alot of miles...this car would have to be reliable because I would be driving it 5 days a week, about 30 miles a day....

My goal is to sell my 95 after I can remove most of the mods (except the exhaust, king cobra clutch, firewall adjuster & quadrant & camber plates). Hopefully i can get $6000...it only has 83k miles & its very clean....then I will pick up a fox & start off with the same suspension mods & a 5 lug swap...Then down the road H/C/I....What do u think???

thanks...I think the prices are good...170k miles seems like alot of miles...this car would have to be reliable because I would be driving it 5 days a week, about 30 miles a day....

My goal is to sell my 95 after I can remove most of the mods (except the exhaust, king cobra clutch, firewall adjuster & quadrant & camber plates). Hopefully i can get $6000...it only has 83k miles & its very clean....then I will pick up a fox & start off with the same suspension mods & a 5 lug swap...Then down the road H/C/I....What do u think???

what does each car have for miles? i didnt see anything in the ads. they both look clean though. what are your plans for the car? paint? engine etc??? a nice fox will turn many more heads than your 95, i can guarantee.

what does each car have for miles? i didnt see anything in the ads. they both look clean though. what are your plans for the car? paint? engine etc??? a nice fox will turn many more heads than your 95, i can guarantee.

The red one already looks like it has nice paint & it has 170k miles which kinda worries me since I will need to drive it to & from work daily about 30 miles roundtrip.... Not sure about the white one??? As far as plans...1st suspension, sportlines, Bilsteins, MM cc plates & lca's, subframes, 5 lug swap with 94-04 Cobra front brakes, then wheels probably 17's, 3:55's, exhaust, & then later on probably a trickflow HCI.... I was hoping that my bilsteins, H&R's, & LCA's from my 95 would fit???

How hard is it to get a 17X10.5 to fit a fox rear????...Is it possible???

The suspension parts should not be a problem, I dont know about the wheels. As for the H/C/I combo I would go AFR 165's and RPM II plenum combo with a E303 cam. That combo would cost about the same and offer more power and still be nice and smooth and stealthy for a DD. Go 185's and a more agressive cam if you are planning on FI.

The suspension parts should not be a problem, I dont know about the wheels. As for the H/C/I combo I would go AFR 165's and RPM II plenum combo with a E303 cam. That combo would cost about the same and offer more power and still be nice and smooth and stealthy for a DD. Go 185's and a more agressive cam if you are planning on FI.

I already have a Trickflow track heat manifold that I wanna use...I also have a BBK 70mm tb, but im not too sure if its 94-95 specific???

I just picked up an '88 5.0 LX Auto for $2100. It has 103,000 miles and is completely bone stock. Granted, that is not the normal price for this car around the area, but the guy didn't know what he had. Typically these cars go for around 3-4k.

First of all your crazy if you sell the 95 for a fox, not that i dont love foxes,but damn that canary yellow beast is amazing and beautiful.The red one looks pretty clean, and if it runs as well as it looks and has had a good maintinance record, then dont worry about the miles. You could prolly get him down a little as well.

I just moved from southern cal, and I would try to get him down closer to 3K on the red one. I moved to the midwest and clean foxes fetch unreal prices. I would try for $3400, go for the red one IMO. Make sure you check the body plugs underneath for rust as well as the other usual areas. If its a coastal car that may be the only area to worry about. Good luck, took me 3 months and $6800 to find a good clean fox here.

Trust me, Fox is the way to go. I went from a 351W EFI, to a real clean family member owned 2002 GT, I couldnt wait to get back to the Fox. For Creature Comfort, I couldnt beat the 02, but the power to weight is unbeathable for the Fox. You are making the right decision IMO. I pick mine up this weekend, and cant wait.

Trust me, Fox is the way to go. I went from a 351W EFI, to a real clean family member owned 2002 GT, I couldnt wait to get back to the Fox. For Creature Comfort, I couldnt beat the 02, but the power to weight is unbeathable for the Fox. You are making the right decision IMO. I pick mine up this weekend, and cant wait.

a 95 and an 02 are two tottaly different cars, a 95 is more like a 87 93 car then a 02 car. And a 02 is still technically a fox, as well as the 95

Well the red one is already sold:( ...Too bad beacsue tht was a beautiful one...The white one looks ok, but has a few issues....The other problem is that Im still not too sure if I want to ell the 95 just yet...I guy offered me a lowball $6000 for how it sits now....Hes smokin in IMO...I paid $5500 for it 4 months ago, & then put 3k into mods, maintenance, & wheels & tires....Id give it up for 6k minus the wheels & suspension....Anyway, well see what happens....:D