Are they raping me??

DissFigured said:
replacing ball joints and front control arms: $999

oh my dear god.. ball joints and control arms?!?? it took me and my dad a day to put brand new control arms (upper & lower), springs, granada disc, sway bar and all that and it cost like 400 bucks to do it... 100 bucks for a new kits with the control arms and spring perches.. just do it yourself you will be able to do all that except i'd let em do the pinion.. BTW we installed all that on a 67 fairlane, which is basically a mustang suspension er well pretty close, in our drive way up on jacks lol

• Sponsors (?)

i say do it....shoot, im in houston and im tempted to offer to come help. how old are you, what tools do you have??? Everything you listed is a been-there-done-that item for me. you can easily do em in your driveway between sunup and sundown. if you need any specific help, let us know.

I agree.

OK, I am convinced. I'm 28 by the way for whoever it was that asked. I will do it myself. I am going to get a good shop manual first and just get the front suspension kit from one of the local mustang shops.

Once i get everything in, I will probably be posting questions here from my laptop in the driveway with my digital camera as I do the install :)
I will surely need some tips.

DissFigured said:
I agree.

OK, I am convinced. I'm 28 by the way for whoever it was that asked. I will do it myself. I am going to get a good shop manual first and just get the front suspension kit from one of the local mustang shops.

Once i get everything in, I will probably be posting questions here from my laptop in the driveway with my digital camera as I do the install :)
I will surely need some tips.

that works too, i'll make sure to check here when i can to offer help.

Im 19, ive been working on cars since i was like 14 so i have some experiance but i had never done controll arms before, i just did mine last week, all i did was grab my manual (i have a million tools though) and woke up at 6:30, turned on a light and started working, the best way to learn is to do it yourself, by myself it took me till a little after sunset :D and that was all new upper and lower controll arms New springs/shocks/ball joints and all i can say is have a breaker bar lol......and when your driving the car again, your smile will be 4 times as big because deep down you will know YOU did the work..........and you saved a buttload of $$$$$ to go towrds your next mods :D

Hey why stop at the camara why not a web cam we can all log on and watch LOL.

Anyways I justed saw my ball joints ect... and Im in the same boat I have done them on diffrent cars so I plan on tackling this one also worst case I have to pay someone to fix it if I cant get it back together if I cant do it myself But you will never know what you can do until you try thats what I think any ways.