ARRRGGHHH!! Broke my Rear Convertible Window, Help!

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
How much is this going to cost? I dont know how the hell it happened exactly but I guess I had too much crap in my trunk and I havent put my top down in a while, I put it down and CLICK CLICK CRANK..I didnt have my protector piece installed because my car is under construction getting a custom sub/amp setup in the back..this sucks..How much am I out?:/ The window is shattered all over.

• Sponsors (?)

Has to be sewn (sp) in...cost me 250 for window, 250 for a good install....too much bass :D

484771_108_full.jpg

484771_109_full.jpg

I had the top down, and I was jammin with the bass up...and well, the sub was a little to close to the window I guess....that was a fun day....

Damn, thats alot of bass!

mine cost me @250 for the new window and don;t know what install was since i was getting a new top also.. but was @600 total for labor. And it was sewn in not zipped? maybe some are different?

A possibility your glass shattered in the first place is having that sub/amp you talked about. Any time you have a sub or box pushed back too far towards the front of the car, it obstructs the glass and shatters it. When you get that sub fully installed, I know it sucks, but be sure to have it all the way to be BACK of the car. This will prevent it from shattering again.

Good luck getting that fixed...it has to be sewn in. Don't take it to a Ford house, they'll make you bend over and grab your ankles.