Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

Trying to show the flake my camera skills suck, haha. Sorry guys. I just have to whore a few more shots.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hard to believe it's the same car, lol.

Err Mah Gawdddd!!!!! She's so Pretty. Great job brother . Can't wait to see it together out in the sun

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Err Mah Gawdddd!!!!! She's so Pretty. Great job brother . Can't wait to see it together out in the sun

LOL Thanks man! I can't wait either. It's going to be tough letting it sit while the clear cures, but my shop is a disaster. We have plenty of cleanup to keep us busy until then.

I had a coupe this color. I really like it on a fox. Mine looked like hammered hell though.
Good work man
Awesome job man!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank guys! I appreciate it.

Here is about as close as I can get to sunshine right now. Overcast out right now.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Started working on these suckers. I thought i was going to get away with a few coats of trim black. My son said they looked like "A dog with mange." I couldn't disagree with him, so we started layering primer. Sanding tomorrow.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
image.jpeg

Has to be the best looking 5 gallon bucket I've ever seen :jester:

That's draining the last bit of used motor oil into that little steel can it's resting on... We actually cleaned the yard and shop up today. And mowed. My yard had clover a foot and a half deep in spots.

Welp....Sanded on quarter window trim tonight and was way less than satisfied with the results. They still looked like they'd been attacked by an angry beaver.. So i got the bright idea of using spot putty instead of 52,000 more coats of primer. *Sigh* My tube of 3m stuff was gone. Used up. No mas. I sent the boy to town to get more and he came back with this:
image.jpeg

After I groaned and rolled my eyes, he apologized and said it was all they had; I decided to give it a try. To my delight, it went on smooth and evenly despite being a bondo product, and sanded even better. Amazing. Now if it'll only refrain from releasing. Anyhoo, I gave her another coat of black primer, and was satisfied with the results..

Here is me too impatient to wait on primer to dry to take a pic:
image.jpeg

I'll scuff it and trim black it (again) tomorrow. Should be good! I'm going tomorrow to pick up my Meguiar's stones recommended by @Davedacarpainter to remove clear coat flaws, and also snag some sealant strips to install the quarter windows. So, if I'm lucky, tomorrow I'll have pics of these in the car. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Welp....Sanded on quarter window trim tonight and was way less than satisfied with the results. They still looked like they'd been attacked by an angry beaver.. So i got the bright idea of using spot putty instead of 52,000 more coats of primer. *Sigh* My tube of 3m stuff was gone. Used up. No mas. I sent the boy to town to get more and he came back with this:
image.jpeg

After I groaned and rolled my eyes, he apologized and said it was all they had; I decided to give it a try. To my delight, it went on smooth and evenly despite being a bondo product, and sanded even better. Amazing. Now if it'll only refrain from releasing. Anyhoo, I gave her another coat of black primer, and was satisfied with the results..

Here is me too impatient to wait on primer to dry to take a pic:
image.jpeg

I'll scuff it and trim black it (again) tomorrow. Should be good! I'm going tomorrow to pick up my Meguiar's stones recommended by @Davedacarpainter to remove clear coat flaws, and also snag some sealant strips to install the quarter windows. So, if I'm lucky, tomorrow I'll have pics of these in the car. :)
When you are ready to cut the run, let me know. I'll help you with the use of those McGuire stones. You will need the 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper as well.

As promised,

I picked up gooey rope in a roll.

You can buy it in a kit from the mustang place... Or if you have all of the nuts, you can spend 17 bucks.
image.jpeg

In the car
image.jpeg

This weekend we are going to install door handles and do paint finishing. Hopefully.

Reactions: 3 users