Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

• Sponsors (?)

I actually have an old four wheel disc lsc five lug set up I thought about installing, but couldn't pry him away from the draglites. He had the option of running the pony r's I just pulled off my car. Nope. Draglites.

First off i dont like i LOVE this thread. I lost my dad 16 years ago march and hes the reason i am into this stuff . Your boys car is come along way he should be proud. Now i think hes crazy for not taking the pony rs and you are too for taking them off that beautiful calypso car of yours. Keep updating man nothing but smiles reading this thread.

Reactions: 1 user
This is such a great thread. I wish my dad had been into this stuff. My son just turned two and is very much into cars. I hope someday we can have a project together like this! Looking great so far! :nice:

Really Noobz?...You're gonna make a statement where the meat and potatoes of what you got/had on your plate to stop your car (10" rotors, single piston calipers, and drum brakes ) would compare to 11.65" minimum rotors on all four corners?
What was Ford thinking when they went ahead and arbitrarily upgraded all of those SN's to that config, when all they had to do was to call you and ask how you got your 10" drilled rotor'd, green hawk padded/Duralast ceramic rear shoe'd, fox to outperform their factory Cobra stopping power?

You go on ahead, You skid-mark layin', 15" tire flat-spottin', Fox stoppin' fool.....:nice:

(Sorry about that "A", somebody has to keep Noobz from making "back-in-my-day" statements for his own good.)

This is likely the lamest post I've seen you make. Reread. :p

To hear some folks tell it, it's a lottery odds miracle that any of us survived.

First off i dont like i LOVE this thread. I lost my dad 16 years ago march and hes the reason i am into this stuff . Your boys car is come along way he should be proud. Now i think hes crazy for not taking the pony rs and you are too for taking them off that beautiful calypso car of yours. Keep updating man nothing but smiles reading this thread.

To be honest I hated taking them off too, but I HAD to upgrade my brakes to something more serious. I got into a bind and called it, after having the poo scared out of me...meaning the 4 lug ponies had to go. Too much go not enough whoa. Plus the fellow I bought the car from and I have gotten to be pretty good friends, and he really wanted the wheels back to put on his calypso fox he bought to replace the car he sold me..lol.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

This is likely the lamest post I've seen you make. Reread. :p

To hear some folks tell it, it's a lottery odds miracle that any of us survived.
ok, I reread the thing, it still makes sense to me,.....how is it the lamest, I wasn't bashing the ops' stuff I was challenging your statement........

maybe THAT'S why you think its lame-o?

Here is a really poor video I found of the first time the car moved under it's own power. We hadn't done the brakes yet, they drug terribly and made all sorts of racket.. I pulled the car forward and backward to make sure it worked and then let'er rip.. My buddy filmed it (again, very poorly, I need to teach that dude how to hold a camera), and you can see and hear my son's reaction. Haha.. priceless..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plJ6DzS-nck&feature=youtu.be

If you couldn't make a Fox stop at the same distance as a stock 94/95 then it's because you didn't try.
oh I don't know........maybe the fact that one of those portly SN 95 bodies weighed 600 lbs more than a fox notch might have had something to do with that........
But then again.....maybe is WAS some double throw down super semi metallic pad you were using that only you knew about.

That reminds me of how my Fox acted after a year(s) long hiatus.... post up an after now that brakes etc are done,
I'll try to soon. For some reason my you tube acct is acting stupid and I can't get any video up. I think it may have something to do with the phone... When My note II died they replaced it with a ... note II, and it's worse than the first one. I think it's time to look at iphones..

Here is a quick refresher on drum brake part names from someone who remembers driving cars with 4 wheel manual drums. (And I hate trying to sell folks what they need when they stubbornly insist they need something like "blinker fluid".)
The cylinders at the wheels are wheel cylinders. Slave cylinders usually have to do with a hydraulic clutch set up.
The semi circle things that hold the friction material and rub against the inside of the drum are not pads. Pads are supposed to be flat for disc brakes. They are called shoes because you used to drag your shoes to stop the car, and Mustangs should have shoes on their hooves.
Thank you, I feel better now. Here is to 4 wheel disc brakes!

@Noobz347

No on the pads.. after cleaning them up there was still enough to use, so I'm going to see how they work. . Yes on the cylinders, they are all new and the whole assy was cleaned up and inspected, just didn't catch a pic before buttoning it up.

Here is a quick refresher on drum brake part names from someone who remembers driving cars with 4 wheel manual drums. (And I hate trying to sell folks what they need when they stubbornly insist they need something like "blinker fluid".)
The cylinders at the wheels are wheel cylinders. Slave cylinders usually have to do with a hydraulic clutch set up.
The semi circle things that hold the friction material and rub against the inside of the drum are not pads. Pads are supposed to be flat for disc brakes. They are called shoes because you used to drag your shoes to stop the car, and Mustangs should have shoes on their hooves.
Thank you, I feel better now. Here is to 4 wheel disc brakes!

Geez man I am so sorry for misspeaking, I did accidently call shoes pads, which I am aware of the difference..if you'll go back and read my post you'll see that I did refer to the other parts as wheel cylinders, and not slave cylinders. Although, if you want to get technical, a wheel cylinder IS a slave cylinder as it is driven by a MASTER CYLINDER. Get it? Slave? Master? That's where the terminology comes from. And ive owned 4 wheel drum cars too, but you are special, so I'll give you a golf clap...

NOW, can we knock off the know it all pis sing matches and get back to the topic?

great thread man. Your son will look back one day and thank you for this and you'll have the memories that are priceless. I tried to get my son into cars but like most kids these days they think getting your hands dirty is beneath them. Maybe if I told him I hid his Iphone somewhere inside the engine he'd be interested.

Reactions: 2 users