Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

It looks and sounds awesome man. Congrats to the both of you. That's an awesome car for anyone (in my opinion). Your son is going to love it every time he drives it. Although he will probably find something to do to it soon enough...it never ends for any of us.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It looks and sounds awesome man. Congrats to the both of you. That's an awesome car for anyone (in my opinion). Your son is going to love it every time he drives it. Although he will probably find something to do to it soon enough...it never ends for any of us.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliment man. We just left @hoopty5.0 's house with a wiper motor, so he can install that tomorrow. The one we had sounded horrible. I'm thinking he'll spend the next year working bugs out of it and finishing the little things. He has enough motor for now, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Welp, tomorrow is the big day. Dropping her off this eve to get the front end aligned and state inspection. We're driving to school next week.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Does it have side molding? Hard to tell in that pic.

I haven't put it on yet. Those or the 5.0 badges. There are two spots in the clear i still need to cut and buff out... and the molding will be in the way. Besides, Jr is so dead set on "damn the torpedoes, get it on the road," that's what I've been pushing toward. The interior is incomplete, and it needs a sending unit replaced in the tank... But it'll be street legal!

I haven't put it on yet. Those or the 5.0 badges. There are two spots in the clear i still need to cut and buff out... and the molding will be in the way. Besides, Jr is so dead set on "damn the torpedoes, get it on the road," that's what I've been pushing toward. The interior is incomplete, and it needs a sending unit replaced in the tank... But it'll be street legal!
I know that feeling. Car moves under its own power. Fock it.

Reactions: 2 users
According to what you posted below:

20150209_164742.jpg

Here you can begin to get a feel of what I'm working with, although I've pulled the 4 inch deep dents in both side of the cowl panel back out and hammered them somewhat straight. the primer was just an attempt to slow the rust, I'm in no way done with this panel, I just wanted the hood to open and close. We'll come back to this later, when we tackle body work. The windshield: yeah, along with the nice hood shaped bodyline creases in the roof. Look close.. yep, that's them.. Nice huh?

Believe it or not, I have fixed worse..

This will be the first time it's been street legal in eleven years! Congrats to your boy! What a project!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you order it or get it somewhere local? I'm getting ready to start prepping a car for paint. Couple of local shops here but don't know if they are selling a "better" paint for a higher cost. A good friend of mine told me to find nason which is a DuPont line of paint.

Did you order it or get it somewhere local? I'm getting ready to start prepping a car for paint. Couple of local shops here but don't know if they are selling a "better" paint for a higher cost. A good friend of mine told me to find nason which is a DuPont line of paint.

I bought mine local. Word on the street is the summit paint is nason. You are just limited on colors.

For those of you wondering, the blue car broke down on the way to school this morning. Grandpa towed the boy home. Turns out the alternator wasn't charging. Had it tested, tested fine. Bought a new one anyway. What do they know, right? So, we install the good alternator only to find out we still aren't charging. (I knew that..) ugh. Started tracing wires, and found a butt connector that was loose. Clipped and replaced it, and we are charging like nuts. So, I decided to celebrate by taking the boy for a ride in his car. I drove the pee out of it. It was fun! He... was afraid I think. But, happy. Success.

Welcome to DDing a fox, kiddo.

Reactions: 8 users
Today was part two. Lesson of the day was, in ancient car, carry tools. We had a loose hot post on the solenoid causing low voltage for the eec and smoke on the connection. I made a nine mile drive with tools to tighten the connection, and followed him to the corner store to buy a quart of oil. He came out, topped off oil, and she wouldn't spark. Zero. I let it cool about ten minutes and checked again, and it sparked like nuts... All connections seemed good, so i bought a tfi module, and we'll see if that does it. It starts fine now... Just dont know how long. Haven't checked codes yet...long day. Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users