Attention all 2004 GT owners

Tampa04GT

Mar 17, 2004
Most of you may already know this but if you plan on getting an O/R H pipe ( and you should) :D !

Just remeber you will need Oxygen Sensor Extensions becuase Ford redesigned the location of the rear oxygen sensors on the 2004 Mustang and oxygen sensor extensions are required to install any aftermarket H or X-pipe

Also if your installing Longtube headers which move the location of the front oxygen sensors further back and the factory wiring on your Mustang's front oxygen sensors are not long enough to reach the new location.

I had to find out the hard way just wanted to give you guys a heads up

TampaBay 04 GT

• Sponsors (?)

which off-road h-pipe did you go with. Im thinking of puting one on too. I have a 2003 gt. Did you loose any low end torque? Also why did you choose h-pipe over x-pipe? I am undecided on what to do.

If you have mufflers with chambers (like flowmasters) go with the h-pipe. I have friend with that set up and it sounds mean. I you are running straight-through mufflers (like magnaflow, bassani, borla) get the x pipe for a more smooth aggresive sound.

Tampa04GT said:
Most of you may already know this but if you plan on getting an O/R H pipe ( and you should) :D !

Just remeber you will need Oxygen Sensor Extensions becuase they changed something in the 04's and they wont reach after your O/R H-pipe is installed.

I had to find out the hard way just wanted to give you guys a heads up

TampaBay 04 GT

Thanks for the heads up man I didnt know that actually. Where can you get these extensions and about how do they run??

-Dave

yeah i have a stainless MRT off road no cats H-pipe with 2 chamber 40 series flowmaster muflers.

I did alot of reasearch and everytime it seems that people said flowmasters sounded better with an H pipe and I think they do. Its alot louder than stock so im happy. :)

check here if you have not already. scroll down to the flowmasters with h pipes then try x pipes. I guess its up to each person what type of sound that they really like.

Exhaust Sounds

il post some sounds or videos if you want??

i just put a BBK x pipe on my '04. i rewired the O2 sensors with some copper wire and butt connects. wasn't too hard, just time-consuming. still, it only cost me about 10 bucks for all the stuff. easy as pie. now the bolt behind the starter......that was another story!!!!