Auto shifters,is B&M the only 1

cougar5.0

Founding Member
Nov 23, 2000
N.W Ohio
I was looking at auto shifters tonight in Jegs and Summit and was wondering if anyone else makes a shifter for the 87-93 Mustang that retains the console? Or will one of the other shifters(Mega,Quiksilver etc...)work?

Thanks,Cy

• Sponsors (?)

cougar5.0 said:
I was looking at auto shifters tonight in Jegs and Summit and was wondering if anyone else makes a shifter for the 87-93 Mustang that retains the console? Or will one of the other shifters(Mega,Quiksilver etc...)work?

Thanks,Cy

The hammer is the only one I've seen people use with the aod. However, I remeber reading about a guy who put a regular (Mega, Quick,etc) after he installed a Lentech valvebody with electric od. Since the 1-D-OD are now a true 1-2-3 it should work.

davs5.0 said:
The hammer is the only one I've seen people use with the aod. However, I remeber reading about a guy who put a regular (Mega, Quick,etc) after he installed a Lentech valvebody with electric od. Since the 1-D-OD are now a true 1-2-3 it should work.

The cable attaching points are different......Unless you are able to modify the shifter and the console just get the B & M Hammer , its a clean looking install.
I have 1 also.....love it.