Auto to 5-SPD how much$$$

DaDDyGSp0T

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Southern Cali
i think my tranny is gunna be dead soon hopefully its not... i got 87k miles on it i did alot of down shifting and upshifting and racing and all that good stuff....lets say i go to a junk yard and pick up a 5 spd tranny for like 500 bucks...then i would buy a new clutch, flywheel, cable, pedal, and nice shifter :) how much would everything run ... plus how much would someone charge for installation ????

• Sponsors (?)

you would want to at least get a t45 as i believe that a t5 won't bolt up correctly. take that with a grain of salt though as i may be wrong. anyhow www.stangparts.com sells auto to manual conversion kits for about 3 grand. these kits include a new t-45, resurfaced flywheel, ram heavy duty clutch kit that includes the throwout bearing and other goodies. the kit is complete and everything is ready to bolt in. the only thing that won't come in the kit is a manual computer, but i believe you can chip your auto computer to have the same effect. i was going to go this route until i just decided to say **** it and go with a viper spec t-56 and be done with my tranny worries. that way when i make power to break stuff...i'll have a tranny up to the task :D. hope this helps :nice:

I say get a low mileage used t-3650 if you can find a junkyard 01+GT. Besides the few with defective shift forks which can be easily remedied the transmissions are good. However, dont expect t-56 expensive luxury smoothness from a 3650...it'll get the job done though :)

kirkyg