Auto Tran fluid loss (no leaks)

My son's 93 LX 2.3 is using up auto trans fluid, however there are no visible leaks. I have noticed fluid residue around the vacuum block where the transmission vacuum line connects. Upon removing this line and other lines connected to this block, I noticed alot of trans fluid in these lines. What would cause the engine to suck fluid from the transmission into the vacuum lines? We loose about a 1-2 quarts a month. Car otherwise runs and shifts fine. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

That is the modulator valve leaking fluid out. It isn't to hard, and the modulator valve is fairly cheap. I am surprised that it still shifts at the correct points though. Ussually, they make it shift way late or not at all.

you remove the vacuum modulator valve with one bolt, pull it out, and make SURE you have the little pin inside... put the pin on the new one, and tighten the bolt. you might want to run a little carb cleaner into the motor to clean out all the fluid that you sucked up into the motor which is now coating your intake manifold... I dunno if the 93 has a "air intake charge sensor" but if thats covered with gunk its going to make the computer compensate...