Aux Button - What is this for?

My 06 has a nonfunctional AUX button on the Shaker 1000. I had the local stereo experts install an adapter and run a 3.5mm jack to my console compartment. I can now use my mp3 player through the AUX option. Install with parts was $160.
There is a power point for a charger in the console compartment. My question is this. Can I plug my mp3 player into the charger at the same time palying it through the Shaker 1000?

Shouldn't be a problem, I have the factory ('07 GT) IPOD jack in the console and leave my IPOD plugged in to the power point and play it through the Shaker 1000 all the time. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The auxiliary input for Ford Mustang that was discontinue a few year, later re-manufacture by precision interface
it's available again from PAC different case and color but wiring and electronics boar are almost the same
they did improve it a little sound quality its better and you don't have to worry about matching the volume because it comes with a gain on the side near the rca jacks

AAI-FD4 Ford Aux

I don't think the 05's had it, but the 07's have a headphone jack mounted in the console under the arm rest, to plug in any MP3 player. Comes in pretty handy at times, but I usually stick to my sirius.

I'm almost positive that the head unit is the same, but the input jack wasn't added till 07. Anyone else know this for sure?

I have o7 also my aux input only controls sat how do make line in work