Back From The Dead

kaostik

Apr 13, 2006
Everett, Ma
home, where she belongs.

i had an accident on friday the 13th, in april. i was sure she was totalled, but the engine wasnt damaged, and insurance decided to fix her. so, with that, i used the opportunity to get the parts i would have eventually picked up anyways, and have insurance foot the bill. theyve been screwing me over for years now, so this time, i win.

its been almost 2 1/2 months, a few snags here and there, but it all has turned out great. i was able to get the Steeda Q400 hood and Roush bumper, painted and installed, the MRT h-pipe purchased and installed, and had the cobra spoiler repainted, all covered under insurance, while i just paid the difference in cost for parts, which wasnt very much at all.

other parts fixed/replaced was the radiator and supports, new headlights, new grille (customized by the shop), new airbags, new seatbelts, and new front rims and tires.

i still have the terminator spoiler i plan on installing tomorrow, mustang lettering on the bumper, and a shorty antenna. after that, i just want to tint the bitch, drop it, and put on 18s. that will be down the road though. i should probably just start putting some miles on her now.

Before:

View attachment 384041

Middle:

View attachment 384042

View attachment 384043

After:

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

im very happy, and would most definitely recommend the shop i went to for anyone to go to, for anyone in the MA area. the guy is the man.

also, the MRT catted h pipe, paired up with flowmaster 40s, sounds INCREDIBLE!!! i love it, and do not regret foregoing the catless h pipe. it sounds amazing and loud enough. my father heard me coming home blocks away, and i wasnt even hitting it hard. it has a nice old school rumble and throaty sound, and really fricken loud. ill try and get a vid up soon.

• Sponsors (?)

oh man, i had an 07 camry rental, the base model, and though it was nice, the stang feels so much faster now! i know the h pipe probably added a couple of horses, but nothing i really should feel, but coming out of the camry and back into the stang makes it feel like it added 100HP haha.

i love that h pipe though, it sounds like an old school muscle car now. i cant wait to drive somewhere tomorrow morning!

your car looks killer! you really did a nice job! the hood and bumper go very well together. how did they make that grille? i like that alot! also, any under hood pics?

thanks alot man!

i was glad to see your car when i did, i was really on the fence on what hood to get, i forgot all about the steeda hood, and i never see it.

as for the grille, i asked the body guy where he got it, but he said the kid he had working on it came up with it himself. not really sure why, but i know they ordered the grille, but it came without the corral and horse, wherever they got it from. so the kid took the one from the accident, and somehow saved that part of it, and got rid of the honeycomb around it, since thats what was messed up. whatever he did, i really like it. i was going to do a grille delete anyways, and i like the uniqueness of what he came up with. ill definitely keep it.

as for under the hood, there really is nothing to look at yet.

i only had the car for 3 1/2 months now, and half that time its been in a shop for repairs. i also recently got engaged, so i dont know when or if ill get to performance, atleast anytime soon. i know the woman loves the car, so i dont think it will be hard to talk her into some nice upgrades. she already said she's getting it if we divorce, lol.