back from the track

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
I ran a new best of 13.15@105mph. I was having trouble getting off the line hard, it would roll out 20'-30', then boost would come on hard, so the best 60' was a sad 2.083. BTW, this was the 2.3. To keep it 4.6 related, next time I go out to the track, I may bolt the new Nittos on the 97 and go for a 13.99. :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. It's a lot of fun, but I'm always wondering how I can combine the fun of boost and the 97 GT. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money...

The 2.3 is mostly junk yard parts and whatever I can afford. Looking in the engine bay, the only aftermarket part you'll see is an ajustable fuel pressure regulator; You might see the K&N in the fender if you get underneath it. Otherwise, it is stock/junk yard parts. Stock turbo, home ported head/intake, junk yard injectors and a junk yard intercooler, camshaft from a ford ranger, ect.

A little while back, I picked up a nitrous kit for cheap. Now, I just need to buy a fire jacket and try my best to get kicked out for not having a roll bar. :D

My dad sold his Merkur Xr4ti 4cyl turbo a little over a year ago to my friend. I regret it to today, fun car. The last time I saw it, it was running over 30 pounds of boost thru the stock motor and sounded like a jet.

Have any pics of your 4cyl?

My dad sold his Merkur Xr4ti 4cyl turbo a little over a year ago to my friend. I regret it to today, fun car. The last time I saw it, it was running over 30 pounds of boost thru the stock motor and sounded like a jet.Have any pics of your 4cyl?

Damn!!! Thats a crap ton of boost for most any engine, but a stock one... thats a testament right there.

"Hey, is that a 747 about to taxi into your driveway?!?!"

"Oh no, thats just teh Merkur!!!"

lol, yeah that's a lot of boost. Most peoples eyes bug out when I say I'm running 22psi. :D

I don't have any recent pictures. It used to look nice, but it's pretty rough these days. The paint is falling off and it has some rust around the moon roof. Otherwise, it is at least streight.

lol, yeah that's a lot of boost. Most peoples eyes bug out when I say I'm running 22psi. :D

I don't have any recent pictures. It used to look nice, but it's pretty rough these days. The paint is falling off and it has some rust around the moon roof. Otherwise, it is at least streight.

even more of a sleeper if she has a lil bit of rust.