Backfired while Spraying N20

1Slow90coupe

Oct 18, 2005
Tonight I was takking a friend of mine for a ride. While under spray I got a small hesitation and backfire out the exhaust.:( At that point I quit and brought the car home. I pulled all the plugs out to inspect them, and all appears normal. The car does not seem to be running funny or anything. What else can I check to ensure I didn't tear something up.

Here is the combo.

Stock block ( yes I know the forging is coming in the fall ) along with new heads

150 wet NX
Autolite 23's
timing at 8 deg
155 lbhr fuel pump

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you check the plugs right after the backfire.. they wont be a good source to look at... driving a few miles after the mishap will cover up any wrong conditions.. or at least mask them.

get a wide band o2 sensor so you know if you are safe or not.

no expert here, but, you may wanna make extra sure your ignition system is in tip top shape........i think the stock type ignitions are pretty strong but they arent perfect and with 150 shot........just a suggestion

poneypower89 said:
Unless you check the plugs right after the backfire.. they wont be a good source to look at... driving a few miles after the mishap will cover up any wrong conditions.. or at least mask them.

get a wide band o2 sensor so you know if you are safe or not.

I would also like some suggestions on this. I have an Autometer A/F gauge in my garage that I have yet to hook up. I was looking at the LC-1 kit that was mentioned. What does everone think of that? Or the wideband kit from Autometer?

The LC-1 is a nice kit. It gives youtwo analog outputs (for gauges or whatever else), can be permanently installed, and has software that will allow you data-log your AFR.

Daggar said:
The LC-1 is a nice kit. It gives youtwo analog outputs (for gauges or whatever else), can be permanently installed, and has software that will allow you data-log your AFR.

When you say that you can data log with it. Can you elaborate a little. I have a lap top so then I should be able to install the software and watch real time or what? More info please.