Bad Alignment

savegoodautonfg

May 11, 2005
I got my alignment done about 4 months ago, when i went there during the alignment the guy said i dont know how good the alignment is going to be because it looks to me as if you need new inner tie rod ends and some bushing he said. i forget what bushing it was though. Could needing new ones of these things listed above, cause a bad alignment and my passenger side front tire is loosing thread really bad on the inner part of it not loosing thread evenly like it should?

any idea's guys?

• Sponsors (?)

ROCK AUTO.com
which one of these do i want?

1990 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0L 302cid V8 MFI (E) : Steering : Rack and Pinion Complete Unit
ItemPriceCoreTotal
CV UNLIMITED Part # RP260
Complete unit, Reman., Power Steering, w/ 3,0 turns lock to lock

$65.79$22.50$88.29

CV UNLIMITED Part # RP260HD
Complete unit, Reman., Power Steering, w/ 2.5 turns lock to lock

$65.79$22.50$88.29

A-1 CARDONE Part # 22203A {[Rack & Pinion] Complete Unit; Reman.}
Power Steering; w/o Performance Suspension (Ford Gear) w/2 Piece Mounting Bushings

$73.79$30.00$103.79

A-1 CARDONE Part # 22203F {[Rack & Pinion] Complete Unit; Reman.}
Power Steering; w/o Performance Suspension (Ford Gear) w/1 Piece Mounting Bushing

$73.79$30.00$103.79

A-1 CARDONE Part # 22203T {[Rack & Pinion] Complete Unit; Reman.}
Power Steering; w/o Performance Suspension (TRW Gear)

$73.79$30.00$103.79

A-1 CARDONE Part # 22207 {[Rack & Pinion] Complete Unit; Reman.}
Power Steering; w/Performance Suspension

$73.79$30.00$103.79

APSCO Part # 3622 {Remanufactured}
standard suspension - 45 1/4 OAL - 3 Turns

$81.79$50.00$131.79

ACDELCO Part # 3618450 {replaces 36-9113 #26064360}
GEAR,STRG (REMAN-RACK & PINION-POWER COMPLETE) LOW RATIO STG, 2-1/2 TURNS LOCK TO LOCK AT STG. WHL.& HOUSING MARKED SPR-BS SPR-CT SPR-EV

$94.79$40.00$134.79

ACDELCO Part # 3618429 {#88991132}
GEAR,STRG (REMAN-RACK & PINION-POWER COMPLETE) STD. RATIO STG, 3 TURNS LOCK TO LOCK AT STG. WHL. & HOUSING MARKED SPR-CM SPR-CR
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 12 business days *

$83.89$55.00$138.89

I got my alignment done about 4 months ago, when i went there during the alignment the guy said i dont know how good the alignment is going to be because it looks to me as if you need new inner tie rod ends and some bushing he said. i forget what bushing it was though. Could needing new ones of these things listed above, cause a bad alignment and my passenger side front tire is loosing thread really bad on the inner part of it not loosing thread evenly like it should?

any idea's guys?

usually they write down what’s wrong on the tag and give you a estimate of the cost for the repairs. but if you don’t have that tag and you just had this done only 4 months ago why not call the place that did the work and tell them that you’d like to get your front end fix, [not that they’re fixing it] but you can’t remember the cost was and what repairs need to do done.

it could be control arm bushings, or even sway bar arm link bushings, or ball joints.

This might help
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/52.shtml

usually they write down what’s wrong on the tag and give you a estimate of the cost for the repairs. but if you don’t have that tag and you just had this done only 4 months ago why not call the place that did the work and tell them that you’d like to get your front end fix, [not that they’re fixing it] but you can’t remember the cost was and what repairs need to do done.

it could be control arm bushings, or even sway bar arm link bushings, or ball joints.

This might help
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/52.shtml

The reason i want to get the rack and pinion unit replaced is beacuse he said i needed new inner tie rod ends which right there in like at least 50 for both.

if you see dry rot or deep cracks in the bushing that's a good indication that there not doing there job for starters, or if you can grab and your able twist them then there definitely shot. if you take a wrench just big enough to slide over edge of control arms and push or pull and they move there probable shot also.

what way is the tire wearing? it could also be caster/camber on the front, to do that for the rear considering its a solid axle a tech would need to install shims, you would need to get the correct parts so when the alignment is performed they can get the correct toe/caster/camber readings for the front end. Does it pull in any direction? somtimes adjusting the camber or caster will fix the problem if they can adjust it far enough, if they can they you could use a set of caster/camber plates for even more adjustability. hope this helps

if your wearing out the inside edge of the tire that's negative camber.
if your wearing out the outsde edge of the tire that's postive camber.

unless the tires are toed out and that will also wear out the inside egde of the tire also.
or toed in and that will wear ot the outside edge of the tire.