Bassani FTL!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
So my Mach 1 has had this weird noise lately which sounded like a small exhaust leak. Not the ticking type of exhaust leak, but a wooshing, rattle type of noise at 2,500-2,900 rpms. So I take it over to the exhaust shop thinking that maybe my exhaust came loose. To my surprise, my Bassani mufflers were leaking at the part where the front neck of the muffler goes into the casing... I cant believe that a set of $210 mufflers with only 8k miles would leak like that & in the front of the muffler at that. Plus there was no weld from the factory on that part????Come to find out, it had a small pinhole leak as well on the bottom of the muffler where u can tell a baffle was welded in the inside of the muffler...

These things have no rust on em either since my car rarely sees rain...I have had dronemasters that lasted longer than these & they are aluminized as opposed to Bassani's being made out of Stainless & being twice the price of Flows, Magnaflows, & Dynomax....

Dont get me wrong, I love Bassani parts, & Im sure I will buy them again. The sound quality is my favorite, but its kinda disappointing that their products are soooooo expensive, & are supposed to be of the highest quality, but that they would leak so quick....:notnice: End of rant!!!:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Damn that sucks man. Well they must have been built on monday:D No i'm j/j, were they easily fixed?

Yup.. Monday builds suck. the tech had a case of "The mondays" LOL!!!

Yeah, they were easily fixed. Just took a nice bead welded around the part where the casing & the flowtube meet, something that Bassani should do from the factory....:nonono:

My entire bassani exhaust leaks at all of the joints....its a design flaw there. However my mufflers do not leak (minus the connections ofcourse).

Make sure its not their connection thats making it look like a leak somewhere else. Otherwise I would call em and see what they say...atleast pro rate you some new mufflers

My entire bassani exhaust leaks at all of the joints....its a design flaw there. However my mufflers do not leak (minus the connections ofcourse).

Make sure its not their connection thats making it look like a leak somewhere else. Otherwise I would call em and see what they say...atleast pro rate you some new mufflers

I would try to get Bassani to warranty it, but the problem is that my exhaust system isnt a Bassani. its more of a "Frankenstein" catback... It started out as a standard magnaflow catback, but it was too quiet so I had bassani mufflers welded in. Then my tailpipes were having issues clearing my panhard bar, so I had flowmaster tailpipes welded on & last but not least, it has SLP tips....

So I guess its a Bassagnaflowmaster catback....LOL!!

Seriously though, u could tell it was leaking from that particular spot because there was black exhaust soot coming out of it.....

Excuse the crappy illustration, but this is where it leaked from. Why did thety not run a bead around that part????

new_products_bassani_01-1.jpg

Attachments

• new_products_bassani_01-1.jpg
    new_products_bassani_01-1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 59
Its leaking already?? Damn that looked like a decent radiator. Shouldve went with a Fluidyne.

BS part about the fluidyne is that it interferes with the A/C Piping

.....here is the even more BS part.

The Mishimotor rad was leaking so i took it out and a shop fixed it....now its leaking AGAIN!!!

....That shop better fix it for free

I bought what was supposed to be a lightly used (under 8k miles) SS Bassani mufflers to go in to my FRPP catback (a little too quiet) and they are coming apart at the seams. They also drone quite badly, but absolutely love the tone. When cold one of them buzzes and am Not happy and feel your pain. I'm thinking of either picking up a new Flowmaster catback (~$370) or remove the Bassani muffs and try a pair of Steeda SS mufflers (made by borla ~$230). So, I'm still playing with ideas and configurations. Good luck with the welds and hope they hold up.

I bought what was supposed to be a lightly used (under 8k miles) SS Bassani mufflers to go in to my FRPP catback (a little too quiet) and they are coming apart at the seams. They also drone quite badly, but absolutely love the tone. When cold one of them buzzes and am Not happy and feel your pain. I'm thinking of either picking up a new Flowmaster catback (~$370) or remove the Bassani muffs and try a pair of Steeda SS mufflers (made by borla ~$230). So, I'm still playing with ideas and configurations. Good luck with the welds and hope they hold up.

Thanks man... Nothing beats the sound of bassani's IMO, but the quality issue has bugged me... You should try to weld em up & see how it turns out...

hmm That is weird. i've had bassani for 6 years now and haven't had any problems. only thing was the exhaust tip clamps were crap. which I called and complained... and they sent me new ones out.

Guess I got a bad batch....:shrug:

Back from the dead...

So I noticed another rattle type of noise coming from the rear of my exhaust near the mufflers again. Today I took my car back to the exhaust shop to check it out on the lift. Now I noticed that my Bassani mufflers were slightly leaking at the seams of the casing & at the rear necks as well. Basically, these things are blowing out after less than 2 years & 13k miles???:mad: I had them welded up & all is well now, but I am pissed that the quality is so horrible being how expensive they are.... I love the way they sound, but IDK if I will ever buy another set of Bassani mufflers again....:notnice: