Bassani = Hollow?

• Sponsors (?)

speedfreak98r said:
I guess flows would be best :shrug: Because I really like this: http://videos.streetfire.net/search/bbk/1/a84eaa09-8071-4056-b052-dd058c5a7214.htm

Any idea of how flowpaths would compare?
Just remember that you don't have a 4v engine ;) I have clips of my 98 GT with a Bassani O/R X and Flowmasters (not sure what kind, they came with the car). It sounds a little deeper than the Mach 1, but has the same sound. I'll sell my Flowmasters to you. All you'll need is to buy tailpipes and have them welded on to the mufflers. Make me an offer...you'll more than likely have to come pick them up.

To tell you the truth I had Mac flowpath Catback installed on my MRT-catted H and it was a nice sound but I got Magnapacsk welded in last week and love the sound even more. I also noticed a small increase in acceleration. I know packs are strait threw but they aren’t as loud as other strait threw mufflers like SLP and they have some tone to them. The packs are louder then the flowpaths but I think they sound much better when they are warmed up. If I was to tell you to get a chamberd muffler I would say go with Mac Flowpaths.

I would say my old setup:

Mac O/R Prochamber and 2-chamber Flowmasters

I know what you mean when you say "hollow".. That's what I used to hear mine get called all the time, everyone said it sounded hollow.

The LT's, O/R X and flowmasters (same mufflers) doesn't sound as good as it used to tho :(

I got tired of trying to decide what I wanted and just had the stock mufflers removed with a pipe installed and left the rest of the stock unit in place. Now I wake up the country side every morning. Still not sure what I will do when and if I get stopped for being to loud.

TrueBlue03 said:
flowmasters and MAC sound the most hollow-sounding to me. :shrug: especially with an offroad midpipe.

never really liked the sound of bassani's mufflers or midpipes tho. always sound like someone gargling or coughing up phlem....not really a hollow sound.
So says the guy with the Magnapacks pack pack pop pop crackle pop pop popcorn :D

BTW TrueBlue, i've left the Sportline Spring club too now. I LOVE my new H&R SuperSports :SNSign:

What mufflers were used on the Bullitt mustangs? Weren't they designed like another manufacture?

My car seems to "burble" with my custom h-pipe (w/ cats) and magnaflows and imagine it would have sounded even better back when I had the flows.

I'd say get the Mac Flowpaths as well....and the prochamber is awesome! Plus they're both pretty cheap overall. For 600 bucks you can have a whole new exhaust!

While it may rob some power, you're not talking much. I don't think these 2v's make enough power to actually lose much power by restricting the exhaust just a little.

DocG2828 said:
I'd say get the Mac Flowpaths as well....and the prochamber is awesome! Plus they're both pretty cheap overall. For 600 bucks you can have a whole new exhaust!

While it may rob some power, you're not talking much. I don't think these 2v's make enough power to actually lose much power by restricting the exhaust just a little.
I got my Bassani Catback and O/R X-Pipe for $600, so i don't see why people think its all that expensive. Pretty much any catback and midpipe combo will come ou to that price other than Borla